Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My eternal family

Since returning back to Texas from visiting my family, I have experienced such a wave of emotions.  It is so hard to leave the people you love more than anything, the people you enjoy being with, the people you feel so comfortable around, the ones you can be yourself completely, and the ones that can always make you laugh.  I am thankful for my eternal family, and friends.  It is truly what brings peace, joy, and hope into my life.  I have felt many times that the Lord has needed me somewhere else, and with that he has taken me far from my family,  but as hard as it has been I'm truly grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who knows me better than I know myself.  I'm thankful that the Lord has brought wonderful people into my life to help love me,  teach me by their example, and for experiences that have helped me grow as a wife, mother, leader in the church, and friend.  I told Cody that even though it has always been very difficult for me to live so far away,  I would never trade it because of the amazing people I've met living away.  I'm thankful that not only do I get to be with my family forever, but also my friends.  They have  become like a second family!  I wish living far away wasn't so hard on me, but I have grown so much closer to my Savior, and I've tried to see what he needs me to learn, where he needs me to serve, and who I need to help.

Cody and I had such a neat experience on the way home from Bear Lake.  I truly feel like I got a little glimpse of Heaven in those few minutes.  We were the last ones to leave with my parents that Monday morning.  They were going to take us down to Salt Lake so we could catch our flight back to Texas.  We were pulling the wave runners back for my dad, and my dad was in front of us pulling the 4 wheelers.  As we pulled out and followed each other back home, a song by Josh Groban called, "Don't Give Up," came on.   As we followed my dad, this wave of emotion came over Cody and I both.  I know it was the spirit , and it was so strong in those few minutes,  as tears were rolling down both of our cheeks.  Cody said, "you have such a great family.  This is so hard to leave them."  As I looked at him, at my dad in front of us, the beautiful lake, and back at my children,  I felt such gratitude in my heart.  I felt this perfect love for my husband, children, and all of my family.  The spirit was so sweet and tender.  I truly felt like this is how it will be when we are all reunited again one day for eternity.  We will have such a love, happiness, and peace to finally all be together.  I felt like my Heavenly Father was giving me a glimpse of heaven, and the feelings I will have.  I'm thankful for that spiritual experience, because since I've been back, I hold on to that on the days where I would love to just sit with my mom at her counter, and talk to her.  I knew my children missed that happy feeling as well, because when we got back, Korver was eating his cereal,  and out of nowhere he said, "I just want to go back to the condo!"  My kids each expressed how much they missed their grandparents, and cousins.  I'm thankful for the wonderful family I have.  I was so blessed to come to a family of love, and a family that always had the gospel in our home.  I thank my Heavenly Father each and every day for these two things!  I am thankful I have this with my own husband.  I would do absolutely anything for Cody, and he has blessed my life immensely,  with a sweet family that means everything to me.  I'm grateful for my Savior,  I'm thankful he has led my life, and he is always there to understand my good days and hard days.  I'm thankful he blessed me with a good husband, and continues to bless me with good friendships.  I'm so grateful he blessed me with goodly parents, who taught me how to work, love, treat others, rely on my Savior, and never give up.  I am truly grateful for the gift of revelation in my own life, and how it blesses me with hope, love, and a glimpse of my purpose and role here on earth.  I love the quote, "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."  I'm thankful today for all of my trials and experiences in my life.  I only hope they help me to be a better person, to love more, and to help teach my children and husband.

No comments: