Monday, October 6, 2014

My baby girl turned 1

I can't describe the love I have for my sweet baby girl Berkley! She is such a ray of sunshine, my little piece of heaven, and the sweetest little girl.  When she looks up at you with her big blue eyes, and curly hair, you can't help but just squeeze and kiss her.  She has such a special spirit, and I'm very thankful I was blessed with her.  It was one of the hardest things to be pregnant with her, while going through such a huge change in our life, and moving so many times.  My realtor put it so perfectly, when she said, "I think your little girl is going to be a very special little girl.  She has stayed put until you were settled in your home."  It is true.  She came exactly a week after we closed on our home, and got settled in Texas.  It was very very stressful leading up to her birth, but when I held her in my arms for the first time, I had such a perfect and deep love for her.  She has blessed our home so much, with happiness, love, and her sweetness.  There would be such a huge hole in our family without her.  With all of my children when I was pregnant, I prayed that I would be blessed with special spirits, and I made a promise to my Heavenly Father I would do everything I could to teach them, love them, and instill a strong testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ in them.  I love my children, and I love being a mom.  It's all I ever wanted to do, and I am very blessed I've been able to.

For Berkley's 1st birthday she was able to celebrate it at Bear Lake while we were at our family reunion!  She got to celebrate with cousins, aunts, uncles, her grandma and grandpa Smith, and her family.  Her cousins and aunts and uncles on my side had never met her before Bear Lake, so it was neat they got the chance to be there for her 1st birthday.  The kids were so cute, and it meant a lot to me that all my family was there, and had a chance to get to know her:) I loved seeing all the new babies in my family that we'd never met!  They are so cute!!

Berkley's birthday was very simple because there are no stores around the lake.  My kids helped with her cupcakes, and they were all so excited to pick her out a present a few days before we went up to the lake! We took her down by the lake to take some pictures of her!  She was tired, but we got a few cute ones.

A few things about Berkley on her first birthday!!

She is very happy, mellow, and content!
She loves when people talk, sing, laugh, or take her outside!
She is a pro at climbing stairs, and if she see's you coming she will go even faster, so you can't catch her.
She can say Momma, dada, babba, hi.
She still isn't walking at 14 months! She stands in the same place without any help and will take a few steps, but hasn't walked yet.
She loves to babble! She loves to say hello to everyone and wave!! She will say "Iy" (Hi) over and over in the grocery store, while waving to them.
She loves toys, following Lexi, and her momma!
She loves when her dad calls her beautiful! She will always smile when he does, and then she gets a shy look.
She is 50% for weight, 70% for height and head at 1 year.
She loves sparkly things! ( I guess she's a little like her mom..ha)
She loves music and dancing! She is a miniature version of her big sister in every way!
She loves to eat!! She eats everything, and LOVES ice cream!!  She will cry if you walk away with the ice-cream when it's all gone.
She loves dolls, barbies, and stuffed animals! The first time she saw a barbie, she started crawling so fast to get it!!























































































































Pictures taken on her birthday to come

No comments: