Tuesday, August 19, 2014

School Thoughts

I have felt such a need the last month to get caught up on my blog.  It is a treasure to me, and I do it for my children.  I love having a place to look back on memories and pictures if I just want to go back a few years.  As a new school year is approaching I've had a lot of thoughts on my mind.  I keep thinking about my kids, and how big they are getting, and how much they are changing into their own little people.  I keep asking myself, "am I teaching them enough, am I spending enough quality time, do they understand just how much I love them?"  I know they probably and most likely don't, but I hope where I fall short, my Heavenly Father will pick up the slack.  I love being a mom to them, even on my really tired days:)  I try not to think too far into the future, but when I do it makes me sad and nervous.  I just want to keep them young forever! I know on days when they are fighting, and tattling I might think differently in the moment, but I don't want them to grow up or change.  I'm thankful they give my life purpose, meaning, and help keep me focused on what is most important...Family, the gospel, eternal perspective, and relying on my Heavenly Father and husband.  I just want them to have a great year in school! I want them to find a friend they feel like they can share all their secrets with, laugh with, and enjoy being a kid with!! I wish them the best this year, and I'm excited to see what this school year holds for them.
I'm pretty lucky to have 4 adorable little faces right there when I wake up every morning!

No comments: