One thing I've always loved is trying to surprise him, or doing fun things for him. When I see him smile, or surprised it makes me really happy! Silly, but it does. I always want to feel this way!! Life has changed so much, but it's so fun to think back over the past 12 years at all the memories and birthdays he's celebrated! I'm thankful Cody was born, I'm thankful for his wonderful parents who raised him to be such a great man, and I'm thankful for his positive attitude, love, and the wonderful father and husband he is to our family.
I knew he had to work on the day of his birthday, so we tried to make it a little different and special for him. We took him balloons, cupcakes, and some food up to the office. The girls in the office wanted to surprise him with a potluck lunch, and we decorated the office break room for him. He didn't have any idea, so that was fun!! That night we decided to stay at home and grill. I got some yummy steaks, and I made us a nice dinner, with Coconut cream pie for his cake. The kids had fun wrapping his presents, and Lexi made him a candy gram all by herself! She was so excited!! It was a good day!
On Saturday night I planned a date for his birthday!! I took him to a little water park off Lake Travis! It was really fun. We did night water slides, listened to a band play, had dinner, and walked along the beach area by the lake. It was a great night, and so fun spending time just the two of us. Happy birthday to the guy that has made all my dreams come true, and is my best friend! I'm thankful for Cody, and I hope he felt how much his little family of 5 loves him!!
A few fun presents
Our fun date night for his birthday




No comments:
Post a Comment