Sunday, August 17, 2014

Wyoming, Utah and Bear Lake Trip

We had such a wonderful visit back home!! I'm so glad we were able to go back home this summer, so we could spend time with our family and friends.  It was such a perfect trip, and so much fun!!  It was emotional as Cody and I were driving down to Salt Lake to catch our plane.  As we were following my dad back home to drop off the jet skis we both started getting so emotional, and choked up.  We just felt such love, gratitude, and so blessed to have each other, the families we do, and the memories of where we grew up. We are both thankful for where we grew up, the memories we have, and the wonderful family we were blessed to be born to.  Nothing matters more than family and the relationships you have.  I'm so very thankful we can have this forever.  I'm thankful for wonderful siblings who are teaching their children and living the gospel, so we can all be together forever.  Cody and I had a hard time coming back!  

The first week of the trip the kids and I spent at my parents house in Wyoming!! It was so much fun!! We saw pig wrestling at the fair, rode 4 wheelers, saw some great friends, spent a lot of time with my mom and dad, and enjoyed the smells, weather, tubing down the river, and yummy fair food!  I do love Wyoming and I will always be thankful this is where I grew up.  It was a great place with so many great memories! 

We then picked up Cody at the airport and headed to his parents house.  We had such a fun visit with his family.  The weather was perfect, and we enjoyed sitting outside just talking and letting the kids play.  We were able to go to the drive-in movie where Cody and I met 12 years ago.  It brought back so many great memories!!  It was so fun to take our kids to see it, and tell them the story.  Brandin took our kids for the last movie so Cody and I could just enjoy some time together! It was so sweet of  them to do that.  I'm so thankful we were brought together that night! It was fun spending time with all of Cody's family, and visiting with Karlee before she leaves on her mission! 

The last part of the trip we spent at Bear Lake with my entire family!! It was a blast!! We had SO much fun!!! We stayed so busy the whole week, and we haven't laughed that hard in a long time!! We rode 4-wheelers, jet skis, tubed behind the jet skis, went to a really fun play called Juanito Bandito with just the girls, Cody went golfing a few times, we went to the Minnetonka Cave together, got to see some of my cousins, aunt, and uncle, and ate lots of good food!!  Everyone loved being back together!! You would think with 19 grandkids it would be chaotic, but there wasn't one fight between the kids!! They had so much fun together! It is so neat to see the bond and friendship they have.  We also celebrated Berkley's birthday while we were there!  It was so fun to see all the cousins with her! Everyone loved her!! I loved seeing my nieces and nephews, especially all the new babies.  They are so darling!!  It was hard to leave after such a fun week.  Even though I miss my family so much, I'm thankful we have such a close relationship, bond, and friendship.  Nothing will ever take the place of that, and even if we don't get to see each other as much as I would like, I'm so thankful we have the close tie we have!! 


















































































































































 MINNETONKA CAVE






















































GOLFING 
I've never been able to go with Cody golfing with our little kids, so it was fun to ride along in the cart with him and Trey!  It was fun to watch him do something he loves so much! 






more to come

No comments: