This year I am particularly very grateful for Father's day! The past few weeks we have been waiting on word from the Huntsman Cancer Center to hear if my dad has cancer. It has been such a long few weeks, and many prayers have been offered up in his behalf. I have realized even more how much my dad means to me. I'm lucky, grateful, and proud to call him my dad. He's done so much for Cody and I, my children, his other grand kids, and my four other siblings. I'm thankful he is here this Father's Day with us. We received wonderful news that he did not have CLL Leukemia!!! It was such an answer to prayers, because they were very sure this is what he had. I'm thankful for this news, and I'm thankful for a wonderful father here on earth who has taught me what is right, taken me to church, provided for me, and always made sure his children were taken care of. I love you dad, and my children think you are pretty awesome whenever you are around!!
Happy Father's day to my wonderful soul mate, husband, and father of our children. He's a pretty awesome father, teacher, and friend to each of our children. He is a favorite with them!! They think their dad is so fun to be around. The thing that I love most about Cody, is when I see him sitting down with our kids teaching them something, or expressing his feelings about them, or the gospel. When I see this happening my heart is so full, and I feel so blessed he picked me to be his wife. I got very very lucky when I met Cody one July night at the drive inn. My life has been changed since meeting him, and I'm lucky to have his influence, love, and companionship every day! He truly is the rock in my life, my best friend, the person I go to and depend on everyday, and still gives me the butterflies after 12 years! I'm thankful my Heavenly Father brought him into my life. Cody is exactly what I need in my life, and he really helps me be a better person by being around him. I just feel so thankful for him, and I'm so glad to know we will be together forever!! I love when we look at our children and we just laugh, and feel so blessed for each of their spirits. One thing about Cody is that he wants to be a good dad. He doesn't want his kids to be spoiled, ungrateful, or lazy. He wants them to be kind, find what makes them happy, and always be watching out for others. He is a good teacher, and example to our children. I'm glad they have him, and it makes me happy to see the relationship each one has with him. He is truly loved, and has 4 little friends who love when he's home. Even Berkley will keep making noises and staring at him until he notices him. Cody is truly my world and I don't know what I ever did to be blessed with him as my husband and eternal companion, but I am grateful every day that my Heavenly Father brought him into my life! He's truly the BEST in every way!


No comments:
Post a Comment