Monday, July 14, 2014

Mothers Day

I am truly grateful to be a mother.  When I think about life without my children I realize how empty and meaningless it would be.  There are days when the word mom is a little overused, but when I lay in bed at night and think of the funny, sweet, and even naughty things my kids have done, I know my life would not be complete without all four of them.  Each one of my children brings such a different dynamic and spirit to our home.  I compare it to a puzzle, and without one of them our puzzle would not be complete or the same.  They each have such different personalities, desires, and traits.  I love each of them so very much, and I see why each one of them came in the order they did to our family.  They make me happy!  My hope is that my children will always know that I love them with all of my heart, and my biggest desire is for them to be happy, at peace, and find something they love and give it everything!  Their happiness means the world to me, and I truly hope I can help them achieve that in this life being their mom.  I don't want to them to grow up.  I think about how far away I live from my parents, and it just kills me to think maybe one day we could live far away from each other.  I know there are days that are long, tiring, and hard, but the days where there is happiness, joy, peace, teaching, and love for each other, far out weigh the hard days.
Mother's day this year was really great for me.  My kids and husband woke up early and served me breakfast in bed, homemade cards, letters, my favorite dinner and dessert,  and some very thoughtful gifts.  I am so blessed to have my husband with me everyday, and also my beautiful kids.  I know I did something right in life to be blessed with such a good man for my eternal companion, and to have the 4 special kids I have.  I thank Heavenly Father for them everyday!  Nothing could ever take the place of them in my heart.

I am also very grateful for my own mother and mother in law.  They are two amazing women in my life, and I'm so thankful I have them to look to as examples of strength, sweetness, strong testimonies, and great mothers.  I truly love them, and I hope I have gotten just a few of my moms great qualities.

I'm thankful for all women who are selfless, and give up so much to raise good children.  It is not easy, and it takes lots of work, but it is worth it.  I think we all hope we are doing the best we can do, and hopefully one day our children will really realize all we did for them!
Happy mother's day to all my wonderful friends, sisters, grandmother, and mothers.  Its such a great day!





No comments: