I have some of the most wonderful parents a girl could ever hope or ask for! They are amazing in my eyes, and I miss their funny jokes, the special way they touch each of my children's hearts, and the great talks we have together! They are loved to pieces by 19 little grandkids, that can't get enough of grandma and grandpa time.
I have had such a lump in my throat all week just thinking about my sweet dad. We got the news this past week that he had some abnormal blood work. The doctors are suspecting CLL Leukemia. I am devastated for my sweet dad. I just think about him not feeling well and it breaks my heart. I wish I was closer so I could sit and visit with him, help him, and give my parents both a big hug. I have always known both my parents are very special and amazing. The thought of one of them being sick just breaks my heart. One thing that I know is that I have some very special siblings, and we all have such a strong bond and love for our parents. We held a special fast together, and our texts and talks, just helps me realize what a strong bond we all have, even though we are separated by distance. I know that the health and well being of my parents is our top priority, and I know we would do anything for them, just like they have for us our whole lives. I'm thankful for that, and the other night my older brother and I had such a great talk on the phone. We both got very choked up about my dad, because you just always want the people you love most to always be around. I'm thankful for the relationship my older brother and I have. I think both of us living away from all of our family for so many years, has brought us closer. I'm thankful for each of my siblings, and I have so many funny, silly, and spiritual memories we've shared together. I know we would all do anything for each other.
So a few days before my mom told us that my dad was sick, I was sitting outside on my back porch reading my scriptures because my little ones weren't awake yet. I felt such a strong impression that I needed to spend more time with my dad. It was so interesting. Only a few days later we found out that something was wrong with my dad. I pray if it is Leukemia, that it is a slow progressing kind. It's so important to cherish, love, and express appreciation for all those we love. I know when I told my kids about my dad, they were really concerned. They have such a close bond with him, and it makes them sad to think grandpa Bob is sick. They sure love him to pieces, and so do Cody and I. I can never repay all that my dad has done for me. I know his children are his greatest treasures. I sure love my dad!! I'm thankful to be his daughter.
We were so grateful to find out that our prayers had been answered and my dad didn't have CLL!! We are so thankful for this, because the doctors were almost certain this is what he had. They will continue to do a few more tests on him to determine what might be going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment