Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tomorrow is the day

Tomorrow is the day I've been looking forward to for 9 months! I think everyone in the family has been! We all can't wait to meet our baby!! As I watch my stomach grow, feel our precious little girl inside of me, I am reminded every day (even on the sick days, emotional days, and waddling days) I'm so lucky and thankful for this amazing blessing of bringing a child into the world. Last week while sitting in church I was completely overcome with emotion out of nowhere! There was a couple blessing their baby, and when I watched the men in the circle put their hands on the little baby I felt this overwhelming love for my baby and her life. It's so hard to explain, but I knew in that moment how special she was, how excited she was for her turn, and what an amazing gift I'd been given to bring her into this world. I realized I was helping her fulfill her mission here on the earth. I was so emotional all of church, and the spirit was so strong. This little baby whom I haven't even met has taught me so much in the last 9 months. The biggest lesson I've learned is to have faith in Heavenly Fathers plan and not in my own. I knew we were supposed to have this baby, and I have seen my Heavenly Fathers hand so many times blessing me, and my family in small and big things. As hard as its been to be 8 months pregnant moving, and making a big life change, I'm thankful for what I have.
I think I needed this experience last week. I've been so busy with getting settled in Texas, unpacking, doctors appointments, and being a mom, that I think I forgot what a special time in life this is.
I'm really thankful for my family. I'm thankful to have a good husband by my side. I love him more than anything, and I'm thankful for his love and patience. I do love my kids more than anything, and I'm so anxious to meet our sweet little girl. The kids will love her!! Her big sister will adore her, and has been waiting very impatiently for her little sisters arrival! She will very well taken care of by Lexi, and I'm excited to see them together.




38 weeks




37 weeks!




Jaylie and Lexi have loved coming to the doctor with me




First baby doctor appointment in Texas




Trey takes such good care of Korver
Ashley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad she is here! She is beautiful and healthy and I am so thankful that you are doing well too. A song that I played in my lesson today, on being a mother says "The Father's work going forth through me" and that is exactly what we are doing when we bring these little spirits into the world. Like the song says, "the greatest work you will ever do is being a Mother." So true...Congrats Ash! can't wait to hold her.