Today I'm just feeling so thankful for life, my babies, my wonderful husband, the gospel, and for the wonderful extended family and immediate family I have. When I saw how excited my kids were to see their cousins this past weekend, and how content they were to play for hours together laughing, talking, showing each other their new tricks, and loving every moment together, I thought "this is what life is all about!" It can't get any better, and these are the moments I want to remember. There is a love, bond, and friendship between them all, even though they don't get to see each other very often. I want to remember hearing my kids singing and dancing in the car this weekend, watching all 3 of them drift off to sleep, looking at my wonderful husband across the way and realizing I am so blessed to have him by my side, seeing the excitement on Lexi's face when they announced she was having a little sister, watching Cody get emotional and cry when they told us we would soon have another little girl, watching my sweet baby move around on the ultrasound and feeling grateful and emotional for another baby, and hearing Korver say all weekend "come on daddy, over here daddy." This is what life is all about and I'm happy just where I'm at, and feel so blessed. I want to remember these small but important moments in the lives of my family.
It was so great spending time with my family this weekend for Lincoln's baby blessing. He is the most handsome little guy, and so sweet. Everyone loved him, and I'm so glad we were able to be there. Todd's family loves him so much and they are such great parents, along with Jay and Cody! All their kids couldn't have better parents! My kids were so excited to see my parents and their cousins, and so were Cody and I. I have wonderful parents, sister in laws, brother in laws, and siblings. They are truly such great examples to me of kindness, strong testimonies, charity, selflessness, and they can always make you laugh when you are around them. I feel like I'm not the life of the party right now because I still feel really sick with this pregnancy, but I loved being with everyone again. It is always so hard to leave, and I love everyone so much. My little nieces and nephews are growing up so fast, and they are all so sweet. It's so fun to see the special bond between all of the kids. Lexi and Hallee kept calling each other on the hotel phone, and first thing in the morning Lexi wanted to go visit Hallee's room.
I'm thankful that even though I don't get to be with or see my family enough, when we are together there is lots of love, fun, and great memories made.
No comments:
Post a Comment