Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Few Thoughts

The last few weeks I've experienced watching friends go through some really hard trials.  I've had so much time to reflect on life since these things have happened,  how fragile it can be, and how I need to do better at living in the moment of each day.  Not for tomorrow, the next day, or for the next month.  I want to be present in my family's life today and everyday.  My children are a gift from God and I've realized after watching a few friends lose their precious kids, and my best friend suffer some very serious health problems after having her baby,   that I'm not on my own time in this life, but on God's time.  He decides when our time will be to leave this life, and I've seen how quickly your life can change within the last few weeks and years.  I realize each day is a blessing with them, and I need to live for each day.  It breaks my heart when I hear of someone losing their child, because I honestly don't know how I would go on.  My kids are my world, and even if I do have days where I would love to sleep in past 6:30, I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything.  They are here, healthy, beautiful, full of life, special, and make me always want to be better and do better for them.  One thing I know is that my children are loved, and maybe not perfectly every single day, but they are loved with all we have.
 I'm thankful for the gift of motherhood. I think it's a pretty fantastic, overwhelming job (somedays), challenging, but by far the best gift I could ever be blessed with.  I'm so thankful I get to be home with my children, play with them, kiss them, hug them, compliment them, do their homework with them, take them to activities, notice when they are sad, upset, or angry.  I'm glad it's me that gets to do that and not someone else.  I really do try everyday to be better for them, and I hope one day they will look back and say that I was a blessing to them.  They each have such unique things about them that I love. I love each of their unique qualities, and how it makes them who they are.  I wouldn't change a thing about any of my kids, and I love all the challenging, and cute things about each one, because when I sit back and watch them I'm amazed at how their differences really complete us as a family.
Korver loves his big sis and brother, and I think it's the cutest thing when I can hear him calling out for them. "Tway, Lux." He loves to be outside with them on the tramp and says, "jump high", and "me jump high."  He loves to be outside jumping on the tramp all alone, because he knows that Trey and Lexi love to do tricks,  and he gets bounced around too much sometimes.  He does a good job keeping up with them though, but every once in awhile he'll get hurt and hold his arms out to me and say, "a hug."
I'm thankful for my blog, and the journal I have of my children.  I hope one day they will read about my feelings, and understand just how much I love them.  I cherish my blog, and sometimes just going back and reading things from a few years ago helps me count my blessings and remember my purpose as a mom, friend, and wife.
Life is so good and so precious.  I'm thankful for the presence of my Father in Heaven in my life, and for the gospel.  I love knowing that no matter what we will have our children forever, and I'm so grateful for that everyday.  One thing I know is that the church is true, and I will forever be thankful I have it in my life, and the lives of my children.  I will always consider it the biggest blessing I have.  I LOVE it :)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings Ash. Your children are blessed to have a Mom who loves and cares for them. This blog will be an amazing journal for you family. By the time you reach my stage of life, you realize even more that family is everything and your example is carried on through the lives of your children! (Scary) wish I would have done better!!!