Saturday, March 7, 2009

Daddy Daughter Date

Lexi and Cody had a daddy daughter day together, and Lexi was so happy when she came home. Cody works a lot some weeks, so whenever he is home the kids have so much fun playing with him. One of Lexi's favorite places to go is to the mall, so she can see the dogs at the pet store, The Disney Store, Build A Bear, and play at the indoor playground. Cody took her to get a Jamba Juice and they gave her a little cup of her own. She felt so special, and she couldn't stop telling me how much fun she had with her daddy. All week she kept asking when we could go back to the mall, and she found out Cody was going to have a day off she immediately said "I want to go to the mall!" Cody enjoys being with his kids and it is fun for me just to have one on one with the one at home. He wants to make this a monthly thing, and I think Lexi and Trey are really going to enjoy it.

5 comments:

NAT said...

I think that's a good idea. It's so important for these girls to have a good relationship with their Dads. Sounds like they had a good time!

P.S. I got your message...We haven't heard back from the Church yet. Everyday I check the mailbox and everyday I'm disappointed. Oh, well. It will happen when it's supposed to. The paperwork has been sent, so I guess it's more of a waiting game. It sucks, though, 'cause Satan has been working pretty hard on our family. Hopefully we can make it! :)

Tai said...

I love that!! Cody is such a good dad and you are a great mom!! Your kids are lucky to have you!

Unknown said...

I am glad you call it a daddy daughter date! Every Saturday HAllee and Cody go and wsh the cars togetherand it usually takes a couple of hours b/c he does both but even that is a good little break for me and Hallee can't seem to get enough of her dad! She is totally in love with him and that is opkay with meb/c I think Carter has a pretty big crush on his mom! :) It is fun for hem to have one on one time with each parent IthinK!

Jenny said...

That is so fun. My dad took me on daddy daughter dates and I loved them. Kurtis is going to start taking Samantha soon too! Daddy's are so cute with their little girls (and boys too).

Anonymous said...

That is great! My kids love daddy dates too! But, I always miss them when they are gone. But, I know that it is good for them to have that time just with dad:)