It's been a long time since I wrote. I want to do a better job of journaling for myself and my children. I want them to know my feelings from year to year, know the highs and lows of life, and I want them to remember good memories of their childhood, so they have stories to tell their own children.
The past few weeks have been pretty interesting. Our world has been hit with the Covid-19 virus, and it has shut down everything. We started home church for the first time, all schools are closed for the rest of the year possibly, Cody had to shut down his dental practice, and I have been working for Akin elementary, helping Cody run his dental practice with only Kip and Kajsa, and teaching the kids school from home. It is a lot of things I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. Even the temples are closed down right now! I have loved having home centered church. It has been the neatest experience, and it gives us the chance to talk with the kids, and really teach them the things we feel like they need to know right now, while following along with the Come Follow Me curriculum. It has been neat to see my own husband and son passing the sacrament. I have really enjoyed it.
With all this going on I have definitely had my days of feeling overwhelmed, but more than anything I have had peace, comfort, and enjoyed this time with my family. All activities are done indefinitely right now, and it has been peaceful spending this time with my family at home. Since we are unable to go anywhere we take a lot of walks, play games, watch movies, do house cleaning projects, and just spend time as a family.
This week since we have had more time we decided to really teach the kids about the last week of Jesus Christs life! We have read scriptures, had lots of discussions, listened to beautiful music, and watched amazing church videos on the last week of Christ's life. It has been so amazing for my spirit! I have loved learning, and taking the time to really remember what this time of year is all about. I have felt the spirit many times, confirming to me that my Savior is aware of me, loves me, and wants everything to work out for our family. I know through him we will be ok. He takes care of me always, and I will be forever grateful for my knowledge, testimony, and the love I have for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It means everything to me, and everyday, I try to center my life on trying to be better. I wish I was a better daughter, more patient, always kind, loving, thoughtful, full of hope, and courageous. But through my Savior I can be, if I remember him, follow him, and pray daily for his guidance and spirit in my life.
I LOVE Easter! I love what it represents. I love how everything is coming back to life, blooming, growing, and becoming so beautiful and green. I love it! I love Easter egg hunts, filling my kids Easter baskets with goodies, and just spending time having a nice dinner. I'm so incredibly grateful for a loving, kind, hardworking, patient, and supportive husband. He is my EVERYTHING, and with him by my side I feel comfort, peace, and love. So much love. I wish I could convey the love I have for him. I'm grateful for this time with him, even though financially it is hard with our business being closed down.
No comments:
Post a Comment