I wanted to write something to Trey on the day of his baptism! This is such a special day for him, and I can't believe my handsome, kind hearted, and hard working little boy is now 8. I still remember so clearly the day that he was born and placed into my arms. You were the most perfect, handsome little baby. I remember the room was quiet, and it was just your dad and I. We enjoyed that quiet sacred time with you! You have always been the most perfect birthday present I could ever ask for. You help me remember my purpose each year on my birthday, and that is being a mother. It is all I ever wanted to be, and each year it's a reminder of the bond you and I will always share! I love being a mother and I'm grateful every year we can blow out our candles together. When you were born you had lots of dark hair, and the cutest little face. I was so excited to get pregnant with you! As soon as I got a taste of motherhood with Lexi I knew I wanted another baby as soon as I could! I wanted a large family for as long as I could remember, and whenever anyone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my answer was always a mom. When we found out we were having a little boy we were so excited!! Your dad and I have always felt that the birth of our 4 children were some of our most sacred and spiritual experiences. Holding our new baby, just talking to each other about life, and the feeling in the room holding a new baby was so sacred and special every time. I always say it was like getting a small glimpse of heaven. With every pregnancy I prayed for special spirits that we could love, and teach the gospel to. I knew from the time Trey was a baby that he was a big spirit in a small body. I received such a spiritual prompting when Trey was a little baby. When Trey was struggling with colic I remember feeling tired, and sad that I couldn't take away the pain. I remember apologizing many times to him, and wishing I could make it all better. I would strap him to me all day long so I could clean and take care of Lexi. I always said he was my little buddy! When he would look at me with his big brown eyes it was the cutest thing! As I was praying one night when Trey was having a hard night with his colic, I received an answer so strongly and so clear that "he was born on your birthday for a reason, he is meant to be your son to raise, he is yours." I knew then that even though I would have imperfect days as a mother, that I was meant to be Trey's mother, and it was our responsibility to raise him up and teach him to choose the right, and have a testimony of our Savior. I knew from that time on that Trey had a special purpose on this earth, and it was my responsibility as his mother to help teach him, love him, and raise him up right. I'm so thankful to have Trey in our family, and the older Trey gets the more I realize why he is the oldest brother. He has always been very protective of his siblings, and he is a leader! I have never seen Trey love more than when his little sister Berkley was born. I loved seeing the bond between them, and I know that Trey will set a righteous example for his siblings to follow.
Anyone that knows Trey knows that when he does something he wants it done right, to look its very best, and he takes pride in what he does. Trey is wonderful artist, and if he gets a new Lego set big or small he will work on it until it's done! He loves when his room, his schoolwork, and lego sets look good. He was voted the best artist in his class last year. When he decides to do something he is very determined. When you listen to Trey pray it is so tender, sweet, and thoughtful. He has one of the biggest hearts, and he has such a desire to do what is right, and doesn't like when other people are sad. Trey lives life to the fullest!! He does everything running, jumping, kicking, and all boy!! He is a Wyoming boy at heart, and loves anything outdoors, camping, 4 wheelers, dirt, snow, and being outside. His favorite person to be with is his dad! He loves playing football with him, and a few weeks ago after him and his dad came in from playing football he said, "this was the best day!" I want to tell Trey that there is no better example to follow than the example of his father Cody! He was blessed with a kind, patient, loving, and amazing father. We are all blessed to have Cody in our lives, and there is no better christlike example than him in our family. I love how much Trey loves his dad.
I'm so proud of the choice Trey has made to be baptized. Trey I want you to know that your mom loves the gospel, I believe in it with my whole heart, and it is the most important thing in my life besides my family. You will never regret the choice you've made to be baptized. You are so blessed to have the gospel in your life. It will provide so many amazing spiritual opportunities in your life if you will allow it to. You have been blessed with the gospel in your life, and I hope you will use it by being a good example, and missionary. I want you to know that I have a strong testimony of the gospel, and also for Joseph Smith. I hope you will find and develop a strong testimony of your own. I know the gospel is true with my whole heart. I have felt the spirit many times, and had so many prayers answered. I use the gospel every day of my life, and I depend on the spirit as a mother, friend and wife. I hope as you begin to recognize the spirit you will use it in your life! I know if you listen to the spirit and the promptings you receive from the Holy Ghost your life will be blessed. The Savior is always there to help you in your life, and he will guide and love you if you allow him. If you allow his spirit to be with you, you will have peace, love, and gratitude in your life. You have amazing things in store for your life, but the gospel will be the tool that will make good things in your life great!!
I'm so proud to be your mother. I'm so thankful I was given the responsbility to raise you. Thank you for choosing me to be your mom. You are an amazing little boy. I hope you will always remember this day, and you know how much you are loved not only by your earthly parents, but also by your father in Heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment