Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Letter for Lexi / Thanksgiving thoughts

Lexi's teacher asked me to write her a personal letter expressing my love and appreciation for her during this Thanksgiving holiday.  I wanted to make sure I kept it, so I decided to put it on my blog journal so I didn't lose it.

I'm so thankful for so many things during this holiday, and every other day of the year.  I have truly been so very blessed by my Heavenly Father in my life.  I can't thank him enough for the wonderful blessings he has poured out to me in my life.  Everything good I have in life is because of him, and I'm truly humbled and grateful everyday for the things I have.  I have a wonderful best friend and eternal companion that I love more than anything in life, I have 4 beautiful special spirits that I've been blessed with to raise.  I am definitely trying my best to raise them right, and to instill strong testimonies, a love for those around them, and to always work hard.  Some days I feel like we are getting there, and other days I know I have a long way to go with teaching them, but I'm thankful to have good grandparents, a good father they can look up to, the gospel, and the spirit.
I just feel very thankful for all that I have.  I got very emotional in church on Sunday, because I just felt this overwhelming love from my Savior.  I don't get to sit and enjoy many lessons in church the last few months with Berkley, but this particular Sunday she was being really good during the lesson. The lesson was on prayer, and I felt such a love and gratitude for my savior.  I know he has listened and heard many of my prayers, especially the last few years being a mom.  So if I had to choose just a few things I'm thankful for this year, it would be my sweet husband, the gospel, prayer, my sweet children, good friends, my entire family, the gift of good health, living in a free country, and being able to stay at home with my kids so I can see them grow up.



My sweet Lexi Lou, 
     As we approach Thanksgiving time, and remember all that we are thankful for,  I want you to know you are one of the most important people in my life, and I’m thankful every single day that I have been blessed to be your mom.  I know you are a very special daughter of God, and my responsibility to raise you right, love you, teach you, and help you make good choices is the most important thing to me.  When I found out I was pregnant with you, I knew I would love you more than anything, and I truly have.  I was so over come with love when I held you for the first time.  I didn’t know if I could put you down.  I remember how your dad would sing and rock you, and the sweet love he had for you then and still does.  I remember one of the first nights in the hospital he rocked you and just began crying, because he loved you so much.  I remember what a spiritual time it was for your dad and I just before you were born.  I will never forget that time, and little did we know just what a great gift we were about to receive. 
 I have loved every memory we have made together, all the great talks we’ve had, the times you have come to me and told me things, and all the kind things you have said and done to help me.  You help me so much every single day, whether it be helping to get your siblings dressed or fed, saying yes when I need an extra helping hand with something, or just your sweet happy smile around our house.  Our family would not be complete without you in it!  You are the leader, and you were definitely born first for a reason.  You have set such a great example for your siblings to follow, and I’m so thankful for that.  My children are the most important things in my life, and everything I do every single day is because I love you, and want what is best for you in life!  Being a mom is all I’ve ever wanted to be, and when I held you for the first time I felt such a deep, sweet, and genuine love.  I enjoyed every minute with you as a baby, and you have always been the easiest, sweetest, and most thoughtful little girl to raise.  I’m so proud of you, and I couldn’t have asked or prayed for a more pure, and sweet spirit.  Thank you for making my life better in so many ways! You are a light in my life, and I love you so very much!  Thank you for trying your best in everything you do.  I know when you give it your all you will succeed.  You have so many wonderful talents you have been blessed with, so please use those for the good, and develop as many of those talents as you can.  You have had so many great accomplishments in your short life so far, and I can’t wait to see what life holds for you.  You are very very very special, and you have so much drive, talent, and ambition to do good things in life.  I love that about you! Everyone around you has always loved you, and people are drawn to your spirit! Please always use that for good, and help people all throughout your life.  If you stay close to your Heavenly Father, your parents, and your siblings, you will have so much happiness, I promise you!  Thank you for helping your mom and dad become better people by having you in our lives.  We love you more than we can ever express in words!  You bring so much happiness to us, and we are so proud of you and the choices you are making.  We are thankful we get to be part of your life every single day!  You are beautiful inside and out!  We love you sweetheart!  Thank you for choosing us to be your parents, and being such a strong leader and example in our family.  We couldn’t ask for a better daughter, or friend!



Love your mom

No comments: