Friday, January 24, 2014

Disney World anniversary trip

Last year for our ten year anniversary I was so sick with my pregnancy , and we spent Christmas in Utah, so we couldn't take a trip with just the two of us. We decided with all the craziness of the last year, we wanted to do something fun and spend some time together for our anniversary this year! 11 years ago we went on our honeymoon to Orlando, so we thought it would be fun to go back!!

We felt so guilty not taking the kids, but it was so fun spending the week together!! We spent lots of time catching up just talking, riding fun big kid rides, went to Universal Studios, Island of Adventures, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, to the Orlando Temple, ate lots of yummy food and treats, and did some shopping at Downtown Disney. The highlight of our trip was eating a Krusty burger from Simpson Land, and drinking butter beer (cream soda with cream on top) from Harry Potter Land!!!

In one word our trip was magical!

It really was😊 We were excited to see our kids by the end of the week, but sad our week was over. You realize how lucky you are to come back to your kids. We loved seeing the smiles on their faces when we came back!  Korver was so sweet!  Lexi kept saying, "I missed you and dad so much, but I wish grandma could live next door, because I miss her." When Berkley would do anything cute after my mom left, Lexi would say, "oh I wish grandma was here to see this!! She would love seeing Berkley laugh!"

One thing I've always known, and been grateful for, is my mom! She is amazing and took such good care of my kids. She got sick while she was here, and we felt so bad.  My sweet sister in law and Tiffany were a big help to her, and were so sweet and kind to her. I appreciated it so much.   My kids loved being around her, and when she's around I don't think we're missed too much!  My great sister in law took our kids for a few days.  I know she loves my kids like her own, and we appreciated her willingness to help! She's wonderful with them!  My friend Tiffanie was so sweet to keep checking on my mom while we were gone and help plan something fun for everyone to do to get my mom out of the house! She's always so thoughtful of everyone around her:)

I'm so grateful for wonderful family, friends, and my husband! I'm so thankful Cody and I were able to take this trip together, and thankful for wonderful friends and family that helped us out so much.  Thank you!!  I am so blessed to have wonderful people to look up to and call friends.

I'm so thankful for my good husband. 11 years ago seems like yesterday, but when I look back on all the memories, the 3 big moves we've made together, church callings, births of our children, and so much more,  it seems like we've been together longer than 11 years.  The time has gone by so fast, and I'm truly grateful he is my eternal companion and best friend! I'm thankful for the beautiful family we've created together, and grateful  I have someone to experience the ups and downs of life with.  I'm grateful for how much we've grown and learned from one another.  I'm thankful we both are willing to put our marriage first, forgive, and accept each others weaknesses.  Cody is a great man, and I'm thankful for the things he teaches me.  We have a lot of fun together! I love being around him and with him! He's my favorite!!! I love him to pieces, and I'm excited to see what memories we make in the next 11 years!!!






























































































































































































































Orlando Temple




















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures Ash! So glad you could go and so glad for my time with the kids.