Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas thoughts

As I sit and reflect on this past year my heart feels so full of gratitude for the two things I hold most important in my life..my family, and Savior Jesus Christ. I've seen his hand in my life so much the past year.  His presence, and the blessings he's bestowed on our family have been such a testimony to me that he is always near, if we allow him to be. I'm thankful for the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ,  and I have such a greater appreciation for all the events that happened surrounding his birth.  As we were driving in the car the other day,  I was telling my kids the spiritual experiences I've had with each of them before they were born, and why I knew they were supposed to be part of our family because of them. Trey said,  after I told Korver and Berkleys story, "mom, that's like the story of Mary and baby Jesus, when the angel came to Mary and Joseph and told them about Jesus." It was a sweet moment, and I'd never thought about it like that before.  I guess just like Mary we are all allowed our own revelation, and I'm thankful for the moments when I've received this revelation with each of my children.  It's amazing how your children help you see Christmas through the eyes of a child. I'm thankful for little children and how they keep Christmas magical, happy, and fun!



I think if I could choose a few important blessings in my life the past year, it would be the birth of Berkley, having all my family healthy and happy, and my good husband who has really watched out for me and taken care of me this past year. He has been very aware of helping me, loving me, and helping with the kids. This past year has been full of a lot of changes for our family, but I think we've handled them pretty good, and I can honestly say I love my family more each year:)



I love Christmas and I know without my Savior Jesus Christ I would not have all those things that make my life complete. I have leaned on him so much this past year, and my love for him grows each year. I'm thankful for his birth and example.









Ashley

No comments: