I really couldn't believe we were leaving Arizona when the moving truck pulled up. It seemed like we had been preparing for this day for so long, but I wasn't ready for it when the day came. Saying good bye to our home, and friends was really hard. Our home in Arizona was so beautiful, and will always hold such a special place in my heart. Walking away and knowing we were never coming back was very bitter sweet. It doesn't matter if you are moving onto something really good in life, when you've enjoyed a place, good friends, and wonderful experiences, it's very hard to move on. I know we were supposed to be in Arizona for the 5 years we were there. The ways we grew as a family, individually, and spiritually were just what we needed during those 5 years. I truly believe Heavenly Father places you where you need to be to learn what you need to, even if you have to eventually leave one day. I wouldn't trade living there for anything, and we made such wonderful friends! Some days it still seems unreal we won't be going back to Arizona.
We had worked SO hard the few months prior to moving to Texas, it was almost a relief everything was packed and we were on our way. Preparing our practice to sell, packing boxes, building our home in Texas, and still carrying on with everyday activities was pretty exhausting. It was a sad day when I dropped off all the letters we had prepared to send to all our patients letting them know we were moving and selling our practice. We were very blessed during those months, and even though things weren't easy, I know Heavenly Father was carrying us every step of the way. I'm so grateful for that, and I know his love for us and our family is real. I know he blessed us with peace during this time, and when we pulled into Austin I called Cody and I remember feeling so peaceful about the decision we had made to move to Texas. I called Cody and said, "can you believe this is our new home? We are going to have a great life together!"
There have been emotional days, and great days since moving here. I have missed things about Arizona, but I do know with my whole heart this is what we were supposed to do, and I feel at peace with our decision. I'm thankful to live so close to some family, and I know we are going to have many great times together. We already have, and it's so fun to see the boys dream come true.
When I saw the sign for the first time with both of the boys names on it, I texted Cody and said, "can you believe your dream is really coming true!" I'm so happy for them, and I know they will do great things together!!! My sister in law Kajsa has been so wonderful! Not sure what I would do without her! It's been so fun living next door to her. We were so thankful they let us stay with them for a few weeks before our home was finished. I think we could say we have the BEST next door neighbors :)
 |
| The kids new school Parkside Elementary |
 |
| Korver was worn out from the move |
 |
| Love these boys! So glad they have each other |
 |
| Our first date in Austin at Lake Travis |
 |
| Moving into our home in Texas after 3 weeks of living with Kip and Kajsa |
 |
| Sleeping at the rest stop on the way |
 |
| The kids with their driving hats on |
 |
| We got a truck with Indiana plates. It was soo cool!! |
 |
| Preparing the letters to our patients in Arizona. We put the kids to work to help us :) |
2 comments:
Love all the pics! You should post some of your new house too. You know, when you find even a few moments in your busy day! ;)
I don't like the fact that you moved so far away, but these are fun moving pictures. I know it was a stressful last year, so I am glad you are settled in your new home.
Post a Comment