Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mothers Day

Every year I think I appreciate Mothers's Day a little more. I'm grateful my own mom is still here and I get the chance to talk to her, and let her know just what a huge influence and part of my life she is. I know every day I was blessed with one if the most amazing, kind, and thoughtful mothers. She is priceless to me and there has never been any doubt that her 5 children are her most important priority! I am also very grateful for my wonderful mother in law. She is such a big part of my life and I always appreciate her love and concern for our family. I know she treasures her children more than anything as well. I'm grateful for the wonderful influence of all the other great mothers in my life. I think almost daily I learn something from all the amazing influences from other women I have in my life. I'm grateful for these influences because they help me to see different perspectives, be a better mom, and help influence my decisions when raising my kids. Heavenly Father has always blessed me with wonderful women in my life!
I'm thankful for 3 almost 4 beautiful kids I get to share my life with everyday! They are my world, and from as early as I can remember all I wanted to be was a mom and a teacher!! I'm thankful I get to be both of these!! My sweet husband and kids made Mother's Day so great for me this year!!! Lexi came in to get Cody at 5 am because she was so worried about finishing her gift for me. She had made everything at school, but didn't have time to finish the bag for it to go in! As Trey was walking up the stairs to bring me breakfast in bed with Cody and Lexi, he said, "mom will think this is the best Mother's Day!" He told me the night before to make sure I didn't get out of bed because him, dad, and Lexi were going to bring me breakfast in bed! He was so excited the few days before Mothers Day, and it was really cute to watch him. He couldn't wait to give me his present he made at preschool! Him and Lexi both filled out the cutest questionnaire about me. Trey was so worried because he said, "I didn't know how old you were mom, so I said 88! I might need to erase that part and change it!" Lexi drew a picture of our family eating dinner, and it was so funny because she drew a picture of Korver in his high chair, with bright orange spikey hair!! It was so cute!
Cody was so sweet and got me a really cute baby bag I'd wanted for awhile. I told him about it months ago, so I was really surprised he remembered!! I love it and it was so thoughtful and sweet he remembered!! Lexi couldn't wait for me to open it and she said how excited she was to use it for her little sister!
Cody always cooks a yummy meal on Mother's Day and I really think he's probably a better cook than me :) I don't love to cook so it was a nice day off from the kitchen :)
I love my husband and kids so much. They make me feel so loved and appreciated, and that's all that really matters in life, to know you are loved by the most important people in your life!!
I'm thankful for healthy, happy, loving, fun kids, and a good husband! They make my life more than I could've hoped for. I told my kids my wish as their mom is for them to be happy, choose the right, and to always love each other. I feel very blessed this Mother's Day and everyday I have the opportunity to experience motherhood!








Ashley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the quote !! We need to think more that way, that we were given time for that reason and not resent that motherhood takes all our time! I am so grateful to be your Mom Ash. You really were a joy to raise! My greatest blessing in life was becoming a Mother and Grandmother!!! Like I have said before, I could have been a better Mom, but I couldn't have loved you more. SO glad you had such a nice Mothers Day! You deserve it. You are a special Mom.