Friday, May 10, 2013

Motherhood

Today as I sit back and watch my kids play, my heart is so full of love, happiness, peace, and joy! Being a mom is truly wonderful to me!! It's not always easy, but watching these sweet little people smile, laugh, see the good in life, listening to their stories, tucking them in at night and just talking, brings me pure joy! One thing I'm grateful for is the wonderful husband right beside me experiencing this journey with me! I love those moments when you look over at each other as you watch your kids doing something new or funny, and there's just an unspoken love and happiness. I'm thankful I have the chance to be a mother, and I'm thankful I've been given this blessing to stay home and raise my kids. I enjoy being with them, and I'm thankful they don't expect me to be perfect. They know I have good days, sad days, frustrating days, but they love me anyways. Children are so innocent, sweet, and forgiving. I learn so much from the things my children say and the way they react. Sometimes I wish I could be as sweet and innocent as they are, and see all the good in things. They are amazing little people.
I'm so grateful for my husband for blessing me with the beautiful family I do! He is amazing in his loving example, and one thing I know, is he truly enjoys being around and with his kids! They are his whole life, and they love being with him to. The kids are never a burden on him, and he is always up for bringing them along with him. Our children are lucky to have him, and one thing I know is that their dad loves them to pieces!
I'm thankful for Mother's Day and my own wonderful mom and mother in law. I love them both so much, and appreciate their examples. I love to reflect on this day, because without selfless, giving, caring mothers, we wouldn't have cute little kids running around! It's not an easy job, but I do believe it's the most Christlike and important job.




My sweet little boys at the duck park




Lexi receiving her student of the month award at school!! She was chosen from the 1st grade! She said, "mom, I think I was chosen because I'm always honest and I always try to work hard at school!"




Lexi's spring fling concert! She sung her heart out!!




Korver loves swimming!! He is the cutest thing in his goggles!!




Sweet dreams




Korver is always cracking us up!!




Trey on his field trip to the fire station




Lexi and Trey have both enjoyed basketball! Lexi really loves it, and I hope she will continue with it! I hope it will bring her great memories like it did to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures! Korver's goggles are hilarious. He and Trey are so handsome. Lexi looks like a mini you!!!! If she has a nice shot like you, she will go far. I think it is great she enjoys it. Congrats Lexi on your award. You are a good girl. So proud of you!! Trey should be good too. He is quick!! Ash, I am glad you enjoy being a Mom!!!