![]() |
I can't believe it's really been 10 years since I had the chance to fulfill my dream of going to the temple to be sealed to my best friend Cody Nielson. He is one of the most hardworking, kind, thoughtful, loving, and funniest people I know. I can truly say marrying him was the best decision I've ever made!! I'm SO thankful we found each other!! He makes my life complete in every way, and I'm so thankful for the life we've created together!! We've had so many fun adventures together, and I love him more today than I did 10 years ago :) I'm a blessed girl to have him for my husband, best friend, and father of our kids!! Here's to many more years together!!
Being married in the temple was something I knew I always wanted, and I'd set a goal really young that I wanted to be married in the Salt Lake Temple. I remember the day we got married, walking in and I couldn't believe how beautiful, peaceful, and happy I felt!! I kept thinking to myself, "is this really happening?" It was so wonderful looking at all my family and friends who were there to support us. I still remember all of my teammates being there, and one of them saying, "now we know why you were so set on being married in the temple Ash, it's beautiful! There's a different feeling here." Non of them are of our faith, and it was really neat that they felt something different that day on the grounds of the temple. They also asked, "how much did it cost to get married here?" When I told them nothing, they couldn't believe it!! I still remember that day so clearly, and what a beautiful day it was...we were SO lucky, considering it was the beginning of January. I look at my life before meeting Cody, and I'm really thankful we found each other. Sometimes I think how different my life would be without him, and I really can't imagine what I would do without him. I think because him and I have lived away, and been on our own with just our little family for so long, we've grown to really depend, love, and need each other. Our bond and love has grown so much, and we really do complete each other. There is no better feeling then when you look around at your little family, and you realize this is all you ever need. I will forever be thankful to my Father in Heaven for blessing me with all the family I have. I'm thankful to know that I have the chance to raise these special little people and be with my husband and children forever.
Ten years ago I couldn't imagine where life would take us. Poor school days, applying for dental school with just a few hundred dollars to our name, graduating from college together, moving to Indiana for 4 years, moving to Arizona, starting a dental practice, raising 3 beautiful kids (1 more on the way), many fun trips together, road trips to see family, buying our home, meeting new friends, many laughs, and growing every step of the way. I love the quote, "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." I think this quote sums up the last 10 years for us!! It was not easy leaving our families behind and moving to Indiana, going through dental school and the many hours of stress Cody had to go through, raising our children without the help of family around, starting a practice, and the many decisions along the way, but we did it!! Was it hard some days? YES! Was it worth it? YES!! It makes you appreciate all the good times along the way along with all the hard times, because they have brought us to where we are today, and I think that's a really good place:)
I'm thankful for every experience we've had along the way the last 10 years! I wouldn't change a thing, because it has made me appreciate everything I have so much more, and when you face hard or challenging things, you have to decide what kind of attitude you are going to have. I feel like we have grown so much along the way, and I'm glad we are on this journey together!! I wouldn't want anybody else by my side!!
Since we were in Utah for our anniversary, my parents offered to watch the kids so we could spend some time in Salt Lake together. We stayed at this cool place called Hotel Monaco. It was really nice, and so fun to spend some time with Cody before he had to fly back to Arizona. It was a great anniversary, and I'm thankful for these past 10 years!! Love you so much Cody Nielson!!
![]() |
| Cody surprised me with this cute bag and an ipad mini with the sweetest message written on it :) |
![]() |
| beautiful flowers Cody sent to me at my parents house since we weren't together on our actual anniversary day |





2 comments:
can't believe it's been 10 years! Congrats Ash and Cody. We had fun having the kids while you celebrated your anniversary! Thanks Cody for making our daughter so happy.
Happy Anniversary!!
Happy Anniversary! What a nice post!
Post a Comment