Thursday, December 6, 2012

Halloween, Grandma visits, and Fall Festival

I love Halloween with little kids.  They are so excited, cute, happy, and fun to dress up!   I didn't plan on my kids matching this year, but Lexi and Trey came up with their costumes all on their own, so I decided it would be fun to match as a family.  They were so excited to wear their costumes, and Lexi really wanted red hair just like Black Widow.  They were Ironman, Black Widow, and Captain America.  We wanted Cody to be the Hulk but I couldn't find a shirt.  I have to say they were some of the cutest super heroes, and Cody was looking good in his superman shirt :)!!  My neighbor Stephanie decided to put up her projector outside so the kids could do just dance on the Wii,  and all of us could eat, pass out candy, and just hang out.  It was such a fun night!   I love Stephanie, and I really don't know what I would do without her!! She loves to have get togethers, and is always so much fun to be around. I look up to her a lot, and I'm so thankful she lives across the street from me!

We got an extra special treat having grandma Jaylene come over Halloween!! It was so much fun for the kids to get dressed up and have her with us!  She is wonderful to our kids, and always brings them a surprise,  fun recipes that they can make together, and she is just fun to be with.  I'm thankful she wants to be apart of their lives, and we appreciate her taking time to come and visit our home.  It's always nice having her here, so the kids can show her everything they get to do from day to day.  She was able to come eat lunch with Lexi at school one day, watch the kids at gymnastics, see where Trey goes to preschool, and meet the people in our ward.  Thank you for coming to visit!! The kids loved all the cupcakes they got to make!  Trey loves when grandma comes because he knows they will make something fun:).  We sure love her, and I'm thankful for her advice and the talks we can have.
The kids chose what they wanted on their pumpkins this year!  Their true personalities came out:)! Trey chose a skeleton, and Lexi chose a cat!  Trey wanted his to be scary and Lexi wanted something cute!  Cody does a great job at halloween with the pumpkin carving.  He's so patient, and I appreciate him taking the time to help the kids while I entertain Korver:).
We had fun making our Halloween dinner too! I love the ages my kids are because they get so excited about the holidays, and it makes it really fun!  I really hate seeing them grow up, and this age for all of them is so fun. Trey kept saying this year,  "we need more scary decorations."  He wanted his pumpkin to be scary, and he wanted scary decorations like some of the neighbors have outside of our house!

IHop for breakfast






Trey's preschool friends we carpool with and his Halloween party

Singing his Halloween songs! He did a great job







Korver enjoying his cupcake 


































Korver was excited!! 



Dance Party on the Wii



Our Halloween feast of mummy dogs, scary pizzas, and Halloween cookies :)



Lexi and Trey decorating their pizzas!! 



Lexi's fall festival carnival

Lexi's teacher Mrs. Hughes in the dunk tank!! Lexi was so excited to see her in the dunk tank 

Lexi's school mascot

Conference weekend treats!! 





No comments: