Friday, December 7, 2012

Disneyland & Sea World

We decided we wanted to take the kids to Disneyland as part of their Christmas present!  I've heard the park is so pretty during Christmas time, and we knew the kids would love seeing all the characters, and Cars Land.  We met up with Todd's family the first 2 days, and the kids were so excited to see each other!  I love that they don't even skip a beat seeing each other again.  They had fun playing in the ocean, swimming at the hotel, and going to Sea World.  Sea World was beautiful this time of year, and the Christmas Shamu show was really neat.  It was at night, and there was a live choir, a man playing Christmas songs on his saxophone, and a special Christmas program.  The kids loved seeing the animals, and it really was so much fun to be with Todd's family, and see how Sea World was decorated at Christmas time!!  I think one of the high lights at Sea World was everybody taking a turn walking Korver on his leash..ha ha!  The leash was wonderful, because it allowed him to get down, but he couldn't wonder too far.  He actually looked really cute in it!  It was such a life saver and he didn't mind it at all!!  Lexi actually lost both of her front teeth on this trip! Her and Trey were playing and she looks up and says, "Trey and I bonked and I think I just lost my front tooth!!"  She had one front tooth that was loose, but this happened to be the one that wasn't loose.  She lost the other one a few days later at Disneyland!! She looks really cute without her two front teeth.

It really was such a magical time of the year at the Disneyland park, and such a memorable trip.  We walked from the time the park opened until 8 everyday, all 3 days we were at Disneyland.  The kids were really good, and Korver was SO excited to see all the characters walking around the park! Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, and Toy story were his favorite rides.  I think he's missing Disneyland, because he keeps walking around the house saying, "Ride Toy Story, Dumbo, Pooh!  Ok!!"  The only ride Korver didn't like was the Little Mermaid Ride!  The other kids loved it, so we rode it at least 4-5 times.  Every time we would walk up to it, Korver would say, "NO, Toy Story ride!"  I think he was scared of Ursela, and her eels!!   Lexi and Trey both loved the big roller coasters, and Splash Mountain.  I was surprised how much both of them liked the roller coasters.  I thought they would be scared but they wanted to ride it over and over!  They even went on Tower of Terror with Cody!!  Trey said that ride was, "hate able," and Lexi loved it!!

I think for Cody and I, just watching our kids smiling, laughing, and running from ride to ride was such a highlight for us.  We both said it was definitely the funnest trip we've taken as a family.

I think the whole family enjoyed Cars Land, the Pixar parade, and the huge firework show called Believe the best!
The rides weren't anything crazy at Car Land, but everything is exactly like the movie!! It was so fun to walk through, and all the big cars would drive around and talk to you.  The kids loved watching the parade because they had all the characters from the Pixar movies, and they had some really fun music!

At the end of every night they do a huge firework show called Believe!  The music was beautiful, the lights on the castle, and the fireworks were pretty amazing.  It was really neat!!  I felt like this trip got us in the Christmas spirit, and brought us closer as a family.  I sure love my little family of 5!  We had a very memorable and fun trip that we won't forget.

I'm thankful for Cody, and that he wants to do things together as a family, and what a fun dad he is.  He is so fun to travel with, and he always wants everybody to enjoy the vacation.  I'm really thankful for his love, patience, and the person he is.  He works so hard, and I sure do love him:).








Pictures of us on the Rides





























PARADE






























FIREWORK SHOW BELIEVE






















CARS LAND























































2 TEETH GONE!






PARADE













TOY STORY MEN






SEA WORLD








Chan and Trey are seriously two peas in a pod!  They are so much alike,  and all they wanted to do was get soaked by Shamu!  They got their wish!! 




I LOVE this picture of Brody leading Korver around. He is just the sweetest little cousin to Korver:)




Korver loves glasses and he kept trying to put these on. I HEART this little boy


Polar express 3D show




























1st lost front tooth



BEACH









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was almost as good as being there! Thanks for sharing all these fun pictures. This made me almost want to go to Disneyland again. It looks like so much fun. I love the firework pics and the Mickey Mouse ears look so cute. The leash was a great idea. So glad you could go. What a great idea for Christmas.