Friday, August 31, 2012

Lexi Starts 1st Grade

My Daugter 

I wish you
   the strength to 
face challenges with
         confidence...
along with the
                     wisdom to 
choose your 
       battles 
                 carefully...
I wish you
             adventure on 
     your journey and 
may you always
        stop to help 
            someone along 
the way...
        Listen to 
              your heart 
and take risks 
              carefully...

Remember 
            how much 
         you are loved...
I am so proud 
                   of you!! 


I really couldn't say enough good things about my sweet Lexi.  She is such a peacemaker in our home, is always willing to help me out when I need something, and has such a tender sweet heart.  I know she's a special little girl, and Cody and I love her so much.  She has such a zest for life, her friends, the gospel, and loves it when the two of us go shopping!  I'm so glad I have her, and even though she's only 6 I can have the best conversations with her.  One night I was sitting on her bed, and after I told her a story I went to leave.  She says, "wait, I'm not ready to be done talking to you."  I love that she loves to talk to Cody and I, and at least 4 times a week she wants to hear about when she was born:).  
I know she will have a great year and I love her school!! 

Lexi has been SO excited to start 1st grade!!  The thing she was most excited for was eating lunch at school, getting a blessing from her dad, and being in the same class with her best friend Bella!!  She even bought her and Bella best friend necklaces to wear:).   She had her outfit, earrings, and back pack all ready to go for her first day!  She couldn't wait, but when it came time to saying goodbye to me, she didn't want me to go.  I felt so sad leaving her at school and knowing she would be there all day long.  It was really weird the first few days having her gone all day long.  I have to admit I cried, and got really emotional leaving her school. 

Lexi has really liked school so far, but I think it's been a little bit of an adjustment for her to go all day!  She loves eating lunch at school, and tells me "The lunch at school is so delicious mom!  I get a chocolate or strawberry milk everyday!"  
I love her teacher Mrs. Hughes, and I've been able to help in the classroom since school started, and I know what a wonderful teacher she is.    I love being in the classroom with the kids, and hopefully one day once my kids are in school I can do something with my teaching degree!  I really love working with the little kids.    

Lexi on her first day


Lexi and her best friend Bella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lexi,
What an adorable 1st grader! I am so glad you like school and that you have a good teacher and a great Mom who is willing to give of her time to help in the classroom. We love you so much and I know that you are a great example to Trey, Korver, and your friend Bella.

NAT said...

So cute! She's such a good girl and I love her comments about school lunch. I think it's great that you help out in the classroom. I always wanted to be one of those Moms, but with Sofia's issues and appointments it's been hard for me to find time. Hopefully soon!

I know that Emma thinks that Kindergarten is long (3 hours). I can only imagine how much of an adjustment it will be when she goes to 1st grade. :)