I really can't believe that Korver is 2!! It seems like I just had him, and when I see him walking around, talking, laughing, playing outside, wanting to do what his brother and sister are doing, I realize he's not so little anymore. I love this little boy so much, and he bring so much joy our family! The other day in the store this lady comes up to Korver and says, "you couldn't pay to get that gorgeous of red hair at the best salon." He gets complements about his hair everywhere we go, and I always get from everyone, "where does the red hair come from?" I never thought we would get a red head, but I'm glad we did!!
The last 6 months Korver has realized he has a big world around him and he wants to explore it! He has to check everything out, and is so curious. He reminds me a lot of Trey when he was two. He loves to laugh, read books, play with cars, swords, Toy Story figures, watch Bubble Guppies, chocolate, MILK, applesauce, macaroni and cheese, and rocking in his rocking chair.
Korver is very strong and can climb anything! He climbed out of his crib for the first time while I was gone to girls camp. None of my other kids have done that, but I was surprised he didn't do it earlier! He really started talking the week before his birthday! He copies everything we say now and most of the things he says are pretty clear. Trey did the exact same thing, so it's funny Korver is doing the same things as him. He loves to yell for Trey! He really likes Lexi and Trey, but you can always hear him calling for Trey. He says "tway," whenever he is looking for him. It's really funny! I think it was one of the first words he said besides mom and dad.
For Korver's birthday we had "his" favorites for dinner!! We had macaroni and cheese, applesauce, and sweet potato tater tots! He LOVED it!! He loves chocolate and red velvet cupcakes, so we decided to get him his own special red velvet cupcake! He inhaled it, and we were all laughing so hard.
He got pink eye the day before his birthday, poor guy:(, so we kept his birthday low key at home. He was still in a really good mood, and just smiled every time we would sing to him throughout the day! We taught him how to say two, and now he'll hold up his fingers and say "too" whenever you ask him how old he is.
We have a bed for Korver in Trey's room when he's ready for a big bed, so we decided to let him try it out one night. Korver was so happy when we put him in it because it's pretty comfy and he gets to be in the same room with his brother. Trey was trying to go to sleep, and Korver was in the next bed blowing raspberries on his wrist, talking to himself, and moving around. Trey comes out of his room because he can't sleep with Korver in there, and tells me, "mom, this just isn't going to work out for me." Cody laughed and said, "Trey's acting like Korver is some kind of business partner." It was really funny! We decided Korver wasn't ready for such a big bed, so we put up his toddler bed in his room by his crib. We'll keep him in there for a few months until he gets a little bit bigger.
Below is a picture of Korver in Lexi's unicorn helmet:). He loves this helmet and always carries it in from outside to put it on. I thought the naked unicorn helmet shot was hilarious!!






No comments:
Post a Comment