Thursday, July 12, 2012

Father's Day

The poem below tells exactly how I feel about my Cody.  He is such a blessing in my life, and I'm forever thankful he is my eternal companion.  When we met 10 years ago I knew the first night he was different, and we've been many places, experienced many good and hard things in our short life together, but I feel like he is the rock in my life.  He gives my life purpose, loves me unconditionally, makes me feel beautiful, and is so kind and sweet with our kids.  He always tells me he would like more kids, and he loves his kids so much.  He helps teach me patience and he keeps saying, "I think we shouldn't put a number on the amount of kids we have. If we can give them a good life than we should have more."  I'm just thankful to be married to him, and we aren't perfect by any stretch, but we do love each other, make a great team together, and he is my best friend:).  I hope he knows on Father's Day what a huge part of our family he is.  He works so hard for our family, hardly ever complains, and loves to teach himself new things.  I'm so proud of him, and all of his hard work with his practice, and the person of integrity he is.  I love him to pieces and thankful he is mine!!

I'm also very thankful to my own dad on this day.  I don't think I will ever know someone who works harder than he does, and loves his kids and grandkids so much.  I'm so lucky to call him dad, and I know he will always take care of me whenever I need him.  He's always good at giving me advice, helping our family, and being a wonderful grandpa to our kids. Love you so much dad, and I'm thankful you are my father:).


We Were 
  Meant To Be

One "lonesome" day...God looked down from above,
And he said, "I can see...you need someone to love.
Someone who's caring, and gentle, and true,
Someone whose heart beats especially for you."

Then almost as if it was by God's design,
You entered my life..and in time, you were mine.
You brightened my world like the rays of a star,
And all that I hoped for, is all that you are.

My prayers were answered the day that we met.
And as long as I live...I will never forget,
That some things in life are just meant to be.
And I'm sure that's the reason God sent you to me!

Genie G. 


Trey and Lexi filled out a questionnaire about Cody for Father's Day.

TREY

My Dad is 13 years old
His hair is brown and his eyes are blue
My Dad likes to wear shorts
He loves to eat fruit & shakes
He is smart because he knows work
My Dad works hard at work, spending money on our house
Daddy always tells me that he loves me
It makes my Dad happy when I make good choices 
If he could go on a trip, he would go camp and he would take marshmallows
I really love it when my Dad plays with me
If I could give my daddy anything it would be a card I made him
My favorite thing about my dad is he takes me to movies


LEXI

My Dad is 33 years old
His hair is gray and his eyes are blue
My Dad likes to wear shorts
He loves to eat PF Changs
He is smart because he knows basketball
My Dad works hard at work
Daddy always tells me stories
It makes my Dad happy when do what's right
If he could go on a trip, he would go to Utah and he would take clothes
I really love it when my Dad plays with me
If I could give my daddy anything it would be a hug
My favorite thing about my dad is he tells me whats right


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those questionaires and how they percieve their parents.Cody is a very good, kind, person and I am thankful everyday that you found someone who is so good to you. I miss you every day, but knowing that you are happy and well taken care of is what is really important. It sounds like he is teaching the kids the important things about choices. We love you Cody and thanks for taking such good care of Ash and our adorable grandkids!! I love the poem.