Thursday, June 7, 2012

Alexis Kate Graduates from Kindergarten

My sweet little girl graduated from Kindergarten, and even though I was the proudest mom in the world of her, I was also a little sad, and so emotional the day of her graduation.  It was a reminder that my little girl is growing up, and I'm not ready for her to.   I never knew until I became a mom just how much mother's really do love their children.  I think it's even harder seeing your firstborn do things, because you know they are growing up, and you are experiencing everything with them for the first time too.  Lexi was so excited to perform the program she had practiced so hard for, video it for everyone to watch, and finally show Trey the prairie dogs at her school:).  She was really nervous the morning of her graduation, because she was afraid she was going to forget the words to her songs!
We couldn't be more proud of Lexi and the good girl she is.  She always strives to do her best, is very driven, kind, hardworking, tender, and loves her friends!! Her teacher Mrs. Mckinney said such nice things about Lexi, and said she couldn't ask for a better student.  She said Lexi is more than ready for first grade, so that made Cody and I feel good. They tested Lexi and said she is performing at a 2nd grade 6 month level! I know I need to keep her challenged, and I hope she will always enjoy learning! She was blessed with a good mind, and I hope she will always stay sharp.






























13 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Great job Lexi:) You look adorable. You are such a smart, beautiful girl! Way to go:)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Great job Lexi:) You look adorable. You are such a smart, beautiful girl! Way to go:)

Anonymous said...

WOW Lexi!! What a Smart, Beautiful, girl you are!!! Way to Go!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Lexi!!! You are smart and beautiful!!! The whole package:) Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Lexi...YOu are smart and beautiful!! Way to go!!!

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Way to go lexi!! I love her new haircut! It makes her look so old though! I cant believe they are already done with kindergarten! Where have the years gone?? Ash you look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Lexi looks so old and adorable. I love her dress! We are so proud of you Lexi. You are a smart and beautiful girl and we love you so much! You are looking more like your pretty Mom everday!

Anonymous said...

Wow Lex, do you look adorable! We are so proud of you. You are a smart and beautiful girl! You are looking more like your pretty Mom everyday! We love you bunches!

Anonymous said...

Wow Lex, do you look adorable! You are a smart and beautiful girl. We are so proud of you! You are looking more like your pretty Mom everyday! We love you bunches.

NAT said...

Congrats, Lexi! We are so proud of you! At a 2nd grade level already? You must take after your Aunt Nat! Ha. :)

NAT said...

Congrats, Lexi! We are so very proud of you! At a 2nd grade level already? You must take after your Aunt Nat! Ha. :)

Unknown said...

Hahaha to Nats comment!! Lexi you are very smart and you look way too old in that cap and gown! We hope you have a fun summer and we can't waitbtonsee you trey and korvster!!

craptasticcancer.blogspot.com said...

She is so darling! Love all the pictures! Before you know it, she will be in High School! YIKES!

Riley turns 16 in two months, and she just got her license. Holy cow, I feel old!