Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stacy

It seems unreal its been a year since my sweet sister in law Stacy passed away.  It's hard to believe she is not here with us anymore,  but at the same time there is no doubt in my mind she has been present this past year in the lives of all of our family.  I had an incredible experience a few months ago, and it brought so much love, and also admiration for Stacy.  I'm thankful for this experience, and the peace that it has brought me.  I know without a doubt the Lord loves her so much, and I know she loves her children more than anything in this world.  It just breaks my heart they have to be apart for so long, because they miss her and so do we.  You never realize how different life is without someone, until you don't have them anymore.  I'm thankful for the friendship we had, and I remember it like it was yesterday sitting on her bed having long talks together.  I'm grateful for all the good memories I have with her. She was a great friend to me, and I'm grateful for her sweet spirit.  I wish I had been a better friend while we were away at dental school,  but it's definitely taught me to be better.

Her headstone is beautiful, and she would have been so proud of the amazing work Brandin did.  It was a reflection of her beauty:).  Even though she was taken back home so soon, I'm forever grateful we are sisters, and I'm thankful for the impact she made on my life.  She really did show unconditional love, and had so much sweetness about her.  Miss you tons Stacy and we celebrate your life, and your wonderful spirit:).


I love what was written on this




This is a picture Stacy loved and always wanted it for her house :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy was a beautiful girl. I could always tell that she loved her children and she had a special sweetness about her. What a beautiful headstone! I hope the kids will know that she is watching over them everyday.

Unknown said...

Wow Ash... I love this post. I am way behind on my blog and on checking blogs.... thanks again for letting us come stay... it was the perfect trip... great weather... great hostess... and great company! Thanks! It was lots of fun!