Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lexi turned 6!!

My beautiful, thoughtful, smart, and sweet little Lexi turned 6! Where has the time gone?  The time with her has gone so fast, and it seems like yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital on Valentine's day!!  She is truly our miracle baby and I will always see her that way.  We weren't sure we were ever going to get her,  and those were some of the most heartbreaking times of Cody and I's life.  I remember the doctor telling us this was the last month he would leave me on Chlomed (I had been on it for several months at this point), then we would have to go to a fertility clinic :(.  I knew that being in school we would never be able to afford that, so I was heartbroken.  I was not ready to give up because being a mom was all I wanted to be!  I had a very personal and sweet dream where I saw my sweet Lexi, and I knew one way or another we would get a pretty little girl with big blue eyes and brown hair.  It was the most peaceful, and real dream I've ever had, and I know that was Lexi's way of telling us to just be patient and hold on.  She has been worth the wait and has never caused us any problems, and been a true joy to have in our home.  I don't think she could've been loved anymore after she was born, and from the first day her daddy held her she's been daddy's little girl and mommy's best pal!  I remember Cody saying, "I was secretly hoping for a little girl."  We were so incredibly grateful for her, and for this reason I have never taken for granted any of my babies, because I knew what longing for a baby felt like, and my heart breaks for anyone who struggles to have kids.  I've learned that my trials are for my own experience, and even though it stinks so bad to go through them, I've met people who I've been able to talk to and I've learned that Heavenly Father gives us trials to help others, even if it's years down the road. 

Lexi has been looking forward to turning 6 since she turned 5 :)!  Her birthdays are something she looks forward to all year long!  We told her we had a surprise for her this year for her birthday, so we wouldn't be having a party.  We told her she would be going out on a special date with just mom and dad!   She thought her surprise was going to Olive Garden by herself with just Cody and I, but it was really to see WICKED!!  She had no idea what her surprise was, but was happy not to have a party this year if she could just invite 3 of her good friends over.  She wanted to do a movie and pajama party with just the 3 of them,  but in the end we invited a few more girls, and they had SO much fun!!  Lexi was very specific with what she wanted!  She picked out a 3 new fingernail polishes to do fingers and toe nails, she wanted cheerleader colored cupcakes (which our high school colors are purple and yellow), pancakes and eggs for dinner :), and wanted to watch the movie Dolphin Tale! 

All Lexi wanted for her birthday this year was a cheerleader outfit just like the Queen Creek bulldog cheerleaders :)!  She was SO happy when she got one and we even found the color she wanted :).  The girls played so hard outside by the end of the night when it was time to sing and open presents they were all sweaty! I didn't get a picture of Lexi before, but she looked so cute in the new night gown grandma Jaylene let her pick out at the Disney Store for her birthday.  Lexi wanted the Cinderella one, and she looked so cute!  Grandma took us all out to dinner for Lexi's birthday dinner the day before her birthday, and Lexi chose Red Robin!  Trey tried to talk her into Olive Garden, but when Lexi has her mind made up that's it:).  A few days later grandma and grandpa Smith came with a new Hello Kitty sweat suit and Hello Kitty shirt, which she loved!! One memorable present Lexi got and loves was a zebra pillow pet from Chandler. If you remember at Christmas that is all she wanted, but gave it to the family who had nothing.  She was SO excited when he gave it to her, and she loves it so much.  Chandler and Rikki are two of the most thoughtful people I know.  He got his momma's giving heart, and we all appreciated his sweet gift :). Lexi was very appreciative of everything, and I love when you can tell that your kids feel special!! 

We went to Wicked a couple of days ago, and when Lexi found out what we were doing she was SO excited!! She has been asking to see a real play for awhile, and when I went to Lion King a few months back she was so disappointed she couldn't' go. We thought this would be the perfect gift for her and it was!! It was so much fun, and she keeps asking when we can go back!! 

Some of Lexi's favorite things;
cheerleading
dance
listening to music
reading the Friend magazine and other books
Her best friend Bella
Being together as a family 
Her brothers, cousins, and grandparents
the monkey bars
reading the scriptures as a family 
riding her bike
watermelon
chocolate milk 
all of her stuffed animals (she LOVES stuffed animals but not babies or barbies)
clothes (she loves getting new clothes and anything girly)
She loves hearing stories about her and the rest of her family as little kids 
She is counting down until she is 12 so she can go to the temple with Cody and I to do baptisms for the dead :)


Before Wicked









Lexi's field trip to the farm! We had so much fun:)

Birthday weekend



grandma Jaylene and Lexi at Red Robin



All the girls and Trey at the end of the party :)



Add caption

Happy birthday girl, after a hard night of playing, screaming, and having lots of fun!! 

Korver joining in the party fun in his chair







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lexi, Your party looked so Fun!!! How fun that you got to go to Wicked!!! You looked beautiful:) Vegas looked so fun!! It looks like you did a lot:) So fun...Taylor can't wait to see you in a few weeks:)

Anonymous said...

Lexi Lou,
It was so fun to see you all dressed up, looking so beautiful and excited to go to Wicked. What a fun birthday surprise! It was so great to visit and spend time with all of you. I'm glad you could make the trip to Vegas. It is nice to have good family to keep the kids so you can have a get away once in a while. Love you and thanks for the fun visit!

Unknown said...

What a great birthday Lexi! You are a doll with lts of fun friends!