Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lexi starts Kindergarten!!

The day before school started we had the chance to go and meet Lexi's teacher Mrs. McKinney! Lexi was so excited to meet her and tour the school. We've heard great things about her, and she was the teacher I had a chance to observe about 6 months ago, so I'm really excited Lexi got her.  Lexi loved looking around the school, meeting her teacher, finding her seat, and meeting a few other kids in her class!! It was a fun day!

On August 10th, Lexi started kindergarten!! She had been counting down the days until she could go to her "big" school.  She couldn't wait!! She was excited to get a father's blessing from Cody, pick out what she wanted to wear for her first day, set out her Hello Kitty folder (they don't have them bring a backpack, just a folder with their name on it), and asked me to put her hair in curlers for her big day.  I was so excited for her, but it also seemed so crazy she was going off to school! Where did the past 5 years go? When they say your kids grow up right before your eyes they are right.  I remember how blessed we felt the day we had Lexi, and she has been the best big sister, and example to her brothers. I'm so glad she was our first born, because she is such a responsible, kind, caring, smart, and fun little girl.
She was super excited Cody was going to be there for her first day too!! When Cody and I walked up to line her up with the rest of her class we both cried. I couldn't help how emotional I was, and the whole day after that, and even the next day when I dropped her off. I know she is in good hands, I think it just hits you that your child is growing up, and you can't believe they are old enough to go to school.  She will always be my little princess.  I'm so excited with Lexi's school, and I tried so hard to make sure she went to a good school. It's so important to me, and she has always been such a smart little girl, so I wanted a school that would challenge her.  She loves to learn, and I hope she will always have the drive to learn and do her best. She is such a special little girl to us, and I'm thankful Cody could see her off on her first day. They have such a special bond, and I'm so thankful Lexi loves her dad so much.  He loves her more than anything in this world, and she has always been his little angel.  Lexi holds such a special place in his heart, and I remember after she was born Cody saying how glad he was that we had a little girl.  I had a special dream long before Lexi was born, and I saw her sweet face. I told Cody one day we would have a little girl with big blue eyes and brown hair, and sure enough when she was born that was the little girl I had dreamed about almost 4 years prior.
I am excited for Lexi and her bright future. I hope she will always be kind to those around her, and realize how lucky she is to go to a nice school, have the gospel,  parents that love her,  and also two brothers that adore her.  I hope she will always know that I tried to do my best to raise her to be a strong, smart, caring, and loving little girl.  She is my best little pal, and I'm so thankful I get to be her mom.  I hope she has a great year and so far she has two friends Molly and Natalia that she really likes to play with.

We love you so much Lexi, and we're so excited for you to be a big kindergartner now! You are going to do awesome and you mean the world to us!!


she is so funny with her cute poses 














posing with dad at her school





at her school with her special folder. She loved this folder b/c it smelled like lemons




lined up with her class 

finding her desk at meet the teacher day



Her teacher Mrs. McKinney

Getting 4 inches cut off before school starts

Dad giving her a father's blessing, with her pink curlers!


2 comments:

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Lexi is such a beautiful girl! I love that skirt she is wearing! I cant believe these kids are going off to school. It is crazy how fast time goes. She will do great!!

Anonymous said...

Lexi, I can't believe it is time for kindergarten. I wanted to keep these grandkids small and they are growing up way too fast! You look so beautiful for your first day of school Lexi and we love you so much. congrats! You are the first grandchild to lose a tooth and now you have lost two!! Lexi's posing for her pictures cracks me up!