Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cody's surprise super hero birthday party!!

The last two years we have always been traveling to Utah on Cody's birthday, so this year I decided to do something fun and surprise him a little early before we left!! He was not expecting it at all, he just thought we were going to dinner with some of our good friends to celebrate his birthday.  He ended up getting home really early the day of the party, so I was stressing how I was going to pull it off without him knowing.  He asked me a few times why I was so stressed about cleaning the house and packing for Utah since we weren't leaving until the next day! Luckily, with the help of my great friend Stephanie we pulled it off and her whole family helped me decorate while Cody was picking up the pizza for our babysitter (at least that's what we told him).  He was so confused when they gave him so many pizza's, but I told him we were just picking up some for Stephanie's teenage daughter who was having a party across the street. He totally believed me because we are such good friends with them, and they have a 15 year old daughter.  It was so fun to watch him walk in the door because he didn't suspect it at all! I told him  the superman shirt I'd given him a few hours prior was for a special date night, and I had a matching one.

It was such a fun surprise, and we had all of our friends kids dress up in super hero costumes if they chose to.  It was a fun night, and Cody really enjoyed it! It's fun to surprise him when I can, and I just hope he knows how special he is to me! The kids had so much fun dressing up, and we even found a baby superman shirt for Korver.  It was a little tight on him even though it was a 3T, so it's safe to say he might be our future superman...ha ha.

Some of the things I love about Cody and why he's so special to me;
He makes me smile everyday, will do anything for his family, one of the most honest people I know, loves to hang out with us, is very mellow, helps me see the big picture in situations, takes time to explain things to our kids, does not like confrontation and is such a peacemaker  in all things, he loves me no matter what, very devoted and kind, strong testimony, funny, loves the outdoors, always quick to give me compliments and make me feel beautiful even when I may not look it, and most importantly is the best dad to our kids.
I appreciate and love my husband so much.  I'm thankful Heavenly Father helped us find each other. He means the world to me and his kids:)










Natalie and Scarlett

A few of the kids! 


Everyone, except our friends the Finter's who arrived a little late










Brian and Cody 















3 comments:

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

That turned out so fun! I bet cody loved it! Cody is a great guy and he is lucky to have you for his wife! You guys are such a cute couple and so fun to be around. Maybe he should bring you to las vegas for your bday!

Jessica Muro said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun...what a cute idea

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea for Cody. We are sure glad we got to have Cody at our home for his birthday! It doesn't get any better than that! Thanks so much for taking the time off Cody to spend Bear Lake week with us. You are a great guy and we feel so lucky to have you in the family. Happy Birthday!