A few weeks ago we got the call that my beautiful sister in law Stacy had passed away. Sick, shock, heartache, and an overwhelming love for her are a few of the things I felt. Stacy was only 38 years old, and was one of the most gorgeous people I know. She wasn't just gorgeous on the outside, she had a huge heart, and everyone that really knew her could see it. She left behind 3 kids, and a husband that still loves and adores her so much. One thing I remember about Stacy is how comfortable she always made me feel. From the first day I met her, she made me feel like I was part of the family. We had so many fun talks, and even though I didn't get to see her very much since we went to dental school, I always enjoyed hanging out with her.
I wish she didn't have to go through what she did to teach so many other people. She struggled with postpartum depression after her last little girl and suffered for so many years. Your heart goes out to anybody that has to suffer with any form of depression.
Her funeral was beautiful, and we are so glad Stacy is part of our family. May she finally get the rests she deserves! We know she is happy and free to serve and do the service she so much wanted to do while on this earth! I just hope she knows how much she is loved, and she will truly be missed! Life can change so quickly, and the service from the ward and friends during this hard time was incredible. I know my testimony was strengthened from the tender mercies, and spiritual experiences we had while up in Utah for her funeral. The gospel is real, the other side is real, and the work that goes on here on the earth is definitely for a special purpose. When you go through trials or hard times it helps you see how the gospel puzzle fits into place, and what we know is true. There is no better feeling than when you receive that feeling in your heart that confirms it's true.

5 comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss and your family's loss at this time! I can't imagine how hard it must be to go through this. I'm glad that you've found comfort in the gospel. It truly heals hearts, I believe. Much love!
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. I have also found a stronger testimony in the deaths of friends in my life. I hope your whole family will continue to be comforted thru this tough experience. Sending love your way...
Ash< I truely fell in love with Stacy the first time I met her. I think everyone did! Hope you are doing okay! Love you!
So sorry for your loss. Stacy sounds like an incredible woman.
I am so glad that we were privileged to know Stacy. Her funeral was beautiful, and very comforting. I know it has been so hard for all of you. I know that Stacy loved her children and was very proud of them. I hope they know that she is still with them and will always be watching over them. Brandon is a good man I hope the love and support of family and friends will pull him through this difficult time.
Post a Comment