Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Soccer 2011

This year we put Lexi and Trey in Soccer. They weren't supposed to be on the same team, but since Lexi's was a little short on players they let Trey be on the same one. It was really nice going to just one game instead of two. They had the best coach, and he was so patient with all the kids. It took Trey a little while to warm up to him, but when he did he was always excited to see Coach Drew. 
Lexi really liked soccer, but Trey wasn't too excited most of the time. He was more interested in the rocks and sticks.  He did really well when he wanted to play, and he is definitely athletic, but I don't think soccer is his thing.  I think he just liked the idea of the jersey and treats, but at least he looked cute in his uniform.  After every practice and game Lexi would tell me that she ran her little heart out! Lexi is a really good runner, and worked really hard. We were so proud of how hard she worked and for setting a good example for Trey. They both came a long ways!  I think Trey still needs a few years to just be a kid. We'll see in a year from now what sports he is interested in. 



     









Cheering his brother and sister on!








Lexi's first time being goalie

running down the tunnel







This is really where Trey wanted to be



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lexi and Trey,
We were proud of you for getting out there and trying out soccer! You definitely were the cutest in your jerseys. These pictures turned out great! We are glad we got to see a couple of your games. I can't believe 3 yr. olds can play soccer. I think Trey's attention span was the same as any 3 yr. old. If they end up as quick as their Dad, and with both parents being athletic, I am sure those genes will come through!! I really miss holding little (big) Korver.

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Way to go Lexi and Trey! You look adorable in your jerseys! Good job running your heart out lexi!! That is so cute! I cant believe trey didnt love playing!