
This past year has been full of a lot of tender mercies for our family. When our bishop came to our home in November he talked about recognizing the tender mercies that happen in our lives everyday. Sometimes I have a hard time doing that everyday, but when I do I'm so amazed at the little things my kids, or someone else teaches me.
A couple of weeks ago we had the chance to be trained as a primary presidency by sister Rosemary Wixom. She is the general primary president, and when you listen to her talk you can't help but love her. You could feel the spirit so strong, and I came out of that meeting with so much gratitude for the church. When she began talking she said, "I don't say this very often, but coming to Arizona I feel like I'm in Zion." She said how strong the members are, and she had never had so much priesthood participation in a meeting since she began serving. I too have had this feeling about Arizona and the members of the church. The members here are so strong, faithful, and real people. It is so refreshing and I can honestly say since moving here my testimony has been strengthened by all the members. I wondered coming out of dental school why we felt so good about Arizona, but I've realized the Lord puts us where we need to be to strengthen us, and help us grow.
I feel like these past two years have been full of a lot of tender mercies, teaching moments, and recognizing how grateful I am that the Lord is in charge of my life and not me (if I do what is right). When we came to Arizona I thought to myself many times the first year, "why did we feel so good about coming here, and wondering if this was really the place we were meant to come." I can honestly say looking back that it wasn't easy getting started, but I am so happy the Lord guided us to Arizona! I remember walking into our home and knowing right away it was the home for our family. Little did I know what great neighbors we would have, how much I would love the weather and feeling safe, and moving into a ward that has GREAT people, and an amazing bishop! I feel like we live out in the country, but we're still close to the city! I am still a small town girl at heart, but I love having great shopping and fun stuff close by.
I realize more than I ever how blessed I have been, and the only person that really knows the big picture is the Lord. It is so great when you can see how experiences you have in life start to fit together in your own life puzzle.
4 comments:
I am so glad you had the opportunity to hear her. Sometimes we can't exactly remember what was said, but we will always remember the way we felt. You do have such great neighbors and the members are so committed. I am glad that it has been a good place for your family, just wish it wasn't so far away. The sunshine and warm weather definitely boosted my spirits this time of year!! Love you
I loved your thoughts on this. I have felt guided by the Lord many times, even though it hasn't always been easy to follow the promptings we've been given. I loved living in Arizona for all the reasons you listed. It really is a great place! Love you and miss you!
You guys really are blessed. You have a good husband with a great career, a beautiful home, great kids, nice weather and most importantly, the Gospel. Plus, a super Governor who is looking out for the people of AZ (Jan Brewer for President!) Hee hee. Had to throw that in there.
Post a Comment