Wednesday, February 9, 2011

8 Year Anniversary

I can't believe it's really been 8 years since Cody and I got married on January 3, 2003!! The time has gone by so fast, and I don't think I could've picked a more perfect partner for me if I tried.  I still get excited to see Cody, go on dates, and watch him with the kids!  I knew the first night I met Cody that he was different, and one thing I know is that I knew without a shadow of a doubt he was the one for me after only a few dates.  Still seems like yesterday, but 3 kids later, moving across the country twice, building a dental practice, vacations, concerts, date nights, graduating college together, being scared, happy, discouraged, and every other emotion, I'm still 100% sure I married the right person!  
This year I surprised Cody with a video of all of our pictures from after we were married!  It was a pretty long video but it was so fun to see all the memories we've made together the last 8 years!  He surprised me with a flowers, a massage, and a fun date night. 


The beautiful flowers Cody got me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ash,
I am so glad I got to watch the video you made Cody. It was so perfect and really told the story of your lives together so far. I will never forget the call after your first date, and you said you thought you had met the guy you were going to marry! Cody is very kind to you! He is a good man, with great qualities. Nothing makes me happier, than knowing my kids are happy and are with someone that loves them and is good to them! Happy Anniversary!

NAT said...

Congrats on 8 years! You two are a great couple and compliment each other very nicely. Your gifts to each sound so neat. Happy Anniversary!