Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mom/ daughter date night

We have been doing a warm fuzzy reward system at our house, and I told the kids when they hit their goal of 20 warm fuzzies, they could each choose a fun date night doing whatever they wanted all by themselves!  In order to get a warm fuzzy I had to catch them being nice, doing what I asked the first time, and staying in their beds at bedtime. They were so excited, and I have to say there has been a lot more peace in our home. Cody and I really feel like this has worked, and it gives the kids something fun to look forward to.

Lexi hit her goal last week, and knew all week she wanted to go to the movies. Tonight just Lexi and I went to see Toy Story 3.  She chose me to go out with her and has been asking everyday when we were going out. I think I was just as excited to have some one on one time with her, and enjoy doing something she loves to do.  Lexi is such a sweet little girl, and we really had a lot of fun.  I told her the list of movies and even though she had been to see Toy Story 3 already she knew that I hadn't, so she said she wanted me to see it.  She is always so thoughtful of everyone else, and loves when other people are happy. I love that quality about her. She always wants to choose the right, and is so disappointed if she gets in trouble.  As we were waiting at the stoplight to go to the movies, she kept telling the stoplight to hurry up so we didn't miss our movie.  She couldn't wait to tell me all about the movie, and who the bad people were.
I love my little girl to pieces, and when I look at her I see so much of myself as a little girl.  She loves life, her family, and always makes us smile with her sweet compliments. I wish she didn't have to grow up, but I'm so thankful for the good little girl she is. I am so proud of her and I'm glad she's my little girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Mom/daughter look alike! What a darling picture. Good job Lexi, earning your fuzzies. That is a movie I have wanted to see. I wish I could have gone with you....

NAT said...

Thanks for the warm fuzzy idea. We've been using it, too, and it seems to work pretty well. I've had to take a few out of the jar when the girls have made "bad choices," and that usually gets their attention.

Lexi is a darling little girl. She's so smart and funny. I love her tons. You look beautiful in this picture, Ash. I love your long hair and miss mine. *sniff*