Sunday, October 24, 2010

4 month check up and recent video






                                                    Trying out his bumbo seat for the first time



                                                                Hanging out after church

                                                      getting ready to eat some rice cereal

We took Korver in for his 4 month checkup last Thursday and the doctor said he looked like a very healthy little boy! I'm sure he could tell that Korver likes to eat, and he gave me the go ahead to start him on rice cereal. I thought they were going to tell me Korver was on the bigger end of the charts, but he said he was just average for weight, but tall. I told Cody I guess his chubby cheeks make him look bigger than he is!! He still has lots of chub, and I get comments all the time on how big he is. I love his chubby cheeks and probably kiss them way too much, but that's my job as a mom right?

I gave Korver rice cereal for the first time today, and let's just say he's NOT a fan at all!! I thought he was going to throw it up.  I was pretty sure he would like all food once he tried it, but it looks like it will take some time for him to get used to it.

I also put him in his bumbo seat for the first time and he really liked it. It is so funny to see his chubby legs and belly when he sits up in it. So cute!


I took a few pictures of the suit my mom bought him, and I just cracked up the whole day at church everytime I saw him in it. He looked like a little man.

I had to post the comment Lexi made the other day for memory sake. The other day Lexi and I were hanging out at the house, when out of nowhere she said, "mom, do you have a coupon to buy a dog? I would really like to get a dog." I started laughing so hard. We had used a coupon to go out to eat that day, so I guess that's where she got it. She is quite the thinker and I thought it was so funny she would think of that. Kids  say the funniest stuff. By the way we are not getting a dog right now! Our house is crazy enough with 3 kids, and I'm not sure I'm ready to add a 4th four legged kid to the mix! Maybe in a few years when my kids can be the pooper scoopers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so old in his little suit! I love it. The video cracked me up because he acted like he was just plain pooped from all the effort! Those chairs seem really neat. He is just the cutest little guy and is growing way too fast. Lexi's coupon comment is HILARIOUS! I think you are wise to hold off on the dog. They definitely add more work to the mix.

Anonymous said...

A dog is like another child that gets neglected:) You are very smart to hold off on that one:) Korver is getting so big! He sure is cute! Lexi's coupon comment was so funny... She is a smart little girl:)

Jenny said...

He is so cute!

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

What a little fatty! I love how chubby he is! I cant believe how good he is holding his head up and kicking around! What a great idea, to do warm fuzzies! I think kids deserve some one on one with their parents! As for the dog....i told chan i was allergic!!!

NAT said...

Curse you, tummy time! It's too dang hard to hold this head up! :)

He's a little cutie. I love his suit. He's so handsome.