Monday, September 20, 2010

Korver's Blessing

KORVER'S BLESSING DAY
September 5, 2010
Queen Creek Arizona
Montelena Ward
We blessed Korver here in Arizona over Labor Day weekend, and what a special day it was. Cody has done such a wonderful job at blessing all three of our kids, and Korver was no exception. Cody gave him a special blessing filled with a lot of promises, and we were so lucky to have some of our family with us to share his special day. In his blessing one thing Cody said, was that Korver would be a peacemaker. That has definitely been the case with this sweet little boy already. Everyone in our family just loves him to pieces, and no matter how crazy our day is going, Korver has a big smile on his face! He loves to hang out and watch what is going on in his world, enjoys being outside, and loves when you sing to him.
I'm so grateful for my sweet husband. There is no better feeling than seeing your children be blessed by their dad. I love and appreciate Cody so much, and I know it was a special day for him to have the chance to bless Korver.
I was so overwhelmed with love for my little guy, and I've said this so many times since Korver's been born, but I just adore this little boy. I could kiss his chubby cheeks all day long, and he has the sweetest smile. I'm so thankful to be the mom to him, and I'm already wishing he would stay a baby forever.
It was so much fun to have everyone here, and you know you have great family when they are willing to travel as far as they did to be a part of Korver's day. My poor sister had been so sick, and she even made the trip with my parents. We hope they know how much we appreciated them making the drive, and we love you all tons! Jay you are a great sister, and I'm glad you finally got to see where we live!
We were so excited that Kip and Breklyn flew out! Since we named Korver after Kip I was so glad he could be with us. I am so grateful that Cody has such a great twin brother, and Korver should feel honored to be named after him. Breklyn had so much fun with the kids, and was such a sweet little girl on the trip.
Grandma Jaylene was such a big help along with my mom. We were so glad Jaylene flew out and stayed for a week! I appreciated all the help so much, and the kids always have so much fun with her. Trey eats ALL of her gum everytime she comes. Cody was blessed with a good mom!
I think you can see Korver was excited for his BIG day! He was all smiles the whole day

Our little family of 5
(Trey is not a fan of getting his picture taken.)


special day for these two
sweet little Breklyn
Nielson family
special twin brothers
best buddies

Cousin Hallee (she loves all babies)
Lexi LOVES Korver to pieces

Korver being mauled by his brother and sister
Uncle Kip (this is who Korver is named after)
Grandma Nielson
Grandma Kate





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Korver looks so handsome. The pictures turned out great. I am so glad we got to share this special day with you. The drive was well worth it! Cody, the blessing you gave to Korver was beautiful and Korver is definitely a special little guy and brings a special spirit with him. Everyone loves him so much.

Anonymous said...

Korver looks so handsome. The pictures turned out great. I am so glad we got to share this special day with you. The drive was well worth it! Cody, the blessing you gave to Korver was beautiful and Korver is definitely a special little guy and brings a special spirit with him. Everyone loves him so much.

AZ Finters said...

He's huge. We've gotta compare him and Rock. Its funny cause my older kids are MUCH larger than yours. Looks like it was a good weekend.

Unknown said...

Ash, I miss you! It was so great coming and seeing your home! It is beautiful and you have done a great job decorating it! I love love little Korver! What a special little boy he is and so blessed to have you as his mom. I hope you get feeling better... sorry it took Korver getting blessed to get me to Arizona!

NAT said...

Congrats, Korver! You are absolutely adorable and I miss cuddling with you at Bear Lake. I'm glad it was a nice day and that you had family there.