Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Funny Lexi Story

Today we were shopping at Costco with my good friend and her little boys. After we were done shopping we got something to eat there as well. Lexi was finished and wanted to play with Clayton (my friends son). I was feeding Trey and talking to Dana, when a Costco worker comes over and says "your little girl has her pants off." I look over at Lexi and she has pulled her pants down and she is standing under the table. I grab her, give her a little spanking on the bum and ask her what she is doing. The old people on the next table are laughing hysterically, when she answers, "mom, I was just checking to see if I pooped my pants. I didn't want my pretty princess panties to get dirty." I had to turn away because I was laughing so hard. She hadn't pooped her pants, but I guess she felt like she needed to go to the bathroom, so I then took her to the bathroom and we had a talk about showing other people our private parts.

8 comments:

JLB Family said...

Too funny. It is hard not to laugh sometimes at the funny things that they do.

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Lexi is so funny. We are trying to teach chan that only mom and dad see his underwear cuz he would prefer to wear just underwear all day long!! We are totally struggling with the getting dressed issue. I told chan the same thing about me choosing when we go out. I hate when my kids look bad..prideful I know but i feel like if they look cute I dont have to:) I loved all of your posts..i cant believe trey is already going to sursery. The time goes so fast..we cant wait to see you guys..4 more days. Chandler kkeps askingif we are going to AZ after his nap..or after dinner..or after the gym..or after ANYTHING we do. He is so excited!!

Randy and Ashley said...

Hilarious Ash! Don't you just love your kids. So far we haven't had any public showings with Hallie, but I'm sure we will then you can laugh at me!

NAT said...

That's hilarious. She's such a cutie. I always have to turn my head so that Emma won't see me laughing when I'm trying to discipline her. I can't stay mad for long.

Jami said...

How funny! She's going to love hearing about that one when shes older.

Tai said...

That is hilarious!! What are kids thinking sometimes?

Unknown said...

Well I have had a smilar experience in Costco... I was looking for something and then turn my hed back around to see Hallee pulling her pants up. (this was like 6 months ago) and then I look down on the ground to see a puddle of pee on the floor! Yeah... so Ash it COULD have been worse but I love the story and I love Lexi's little prissy personality just like her mom!

Jenny said...

That is too funny! I think I would have had a hard time not laughing. Kids do the funniest and strangest things at times. Unfortunately for me, Samantha is still not potty trained so I do not have to deal with those situtations yet, but I am sure I will in time!