Monday, February 16, 2009

Fun with Grandma and Grandpa Smith!!

My parents came to visit for Lexi's birthday and also to see our new home. We had so much fun with them, and wished so bad they could stay longer. The time went by so fast, and of course Lexi and Trey had the time of their lives with them. My parents played with the kids from the time they got up, to the time they went to bed. I have some of the most giving and loving parents, whom I love more than anything in this world. It meant so much to Lexi to have her grandparents here for her birthday. I think that was the best birthday present we could've given her. She had so much fun opening presents, going shopping with grandma and grandpa for her birthday present, and going to Chucky Cheese!!
When we dropped my parents off at the airport, Trey kept holding out his hands to my mom when she was getting out of the car. Trey got very good at saying "papa" (for grandpa), and Lexi wore my mom out with jumping on the tramp. My parents were such troopers helping us with our yard, and taking care of our kids while Cody and I were sick in bed with the flu on Sunday. My dad has a green thumb when it comes to making a yard look beautiful, and he helped out tremendously with our yard. We worked all day long pulling weeds, fixing sprinklers, mowing, fertilizing, and making our yard look beautiful!! We are so excited to plant a few more trees, and then it will be finished!! On Saturday we all couldn't stop working on the yard until it was finished, so by the time we were done it was almost seven at night. We figured it wasn't worth going out, so instead we got takeout and had one of the funnest Valentine's together just hanging out. We had plans of going out earlier in the day to the temple and out to lunch, but Lexi had been sick with the flu, so we just decided to get an early start on our yard. We had so much fun just being together.
I don't get enough chances to let my parents know, but they are my world and such strong examples to me. Whenever they come to visit they are such a tremendous help to us. They love our kids to pieces and they truly love playing with them. There has never been a time in my life that I didn't know they loved me and I know everything they taught me was to help me become a better person. They are two of the hardest working people I know, and I'm so grateful for all they have taught me. Whenever they are around I feel so happy and grateful to have been born into my family. I'm so thankful we will be together forever, and even though I will probably never get the chance to have my mom as close as I want, I'm thankful I can talk to her whenever I want. I just hope that they will always know that they are the best in my eyes.

P.S. LOTS of pictures to come

5 comments:

craptasticcancer.blogspot.com said...

Aren't parents the greatest? I hope my kids will feel the same way about me when they are married. I'm glad you got to spend some time with them.

Tai said...

I am so glad you had fun with your parents and happy 3rd birthday to Lexi! I can't believe she is already three! Time goes by way to fast.

Lindsay Steenblik said...

I missed out on adding my email to Jessica's blog before she went private. I am interested in continue keeping in touch with her. Will you connect her with me.

My email is:
lsteenblik@comcast.net

Your parents are SO great. You are so lucky to have them in your live. I am so grateful for my parents . . . cause grandparents are the greatest things!

Jenny said...

Parents are the best. Mine are coming for a visit next week and I cannot wait! I hope you and your family are doing well!

Basarabas said...

I'm glad you were able to see your parents. I can't imagine living so far away. I hope everyone is feeling better.