This is a copy of the news letter and holiday card I recently sent out to some of our friends and family. I wanted to add it to my blog for journaling sake.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009
The New Year is definitely a time of reflection, making new resolutions, and looking back on all the memories made in 2008 for our family. Time goes by so fast, and sometimes it’s hard to keep in touch as good as we should, but I wanted to give you a little update on our family, and let you all know how important you are to us.
The last year brought many changes for our family. After all of Cody’s hard work the past four years, he finally graduated from Indiana University School of Dentistry!! The past four years came and went so quickly, and it was a little sad saying goodbye to our home in Indiana. We are grateful for all of Cody’s hard work and sacrifice. So far if you ask Lexi her favorite home is still Indiana! After a lot of thought and prayer, we decided to make our home in Arizona. After four years of dental school we drove away with two beautiful kids, memories that will last a lifetime, and faith that things would work out in Arizona. Throughout this past year we have felt Heavenly Father’s hand many times in our lives, and we truly appreciate all of the blessings and challenges that have helped us grow.
Cody is staying busy with work, and any free time he has he loves to hang out with the family, be outdoors, and watching Jazz games. Cody loves his kids to pieces and is such a great dad to them. He is such a great helper around the house and I feel so lucky to have him for my husband.
I am blessed to stay at home with our two kids, and I truly feel like this is the most important job I can have right now. They keep me very busy, but we have so much fun being together every day. I love being a mom, teaching my kids, being outdoors, shopping, blogging, being with my family, going on dates with my husband, and playing with my kids.
Lexi will turn 3 in February, and is truly our little angel and peacemaker. She loves to learn, read books, jump on the trampoline, ride her scooter, nursery, music, dancing, and be with her cousins. She is mom’s best bud and loves her daddy!! She is definitely all girl and loves anything princess, her lip gloss, and looking pretty.
Trey is almost 16 months, and is all boy!! He loves to run, get into everything, explore, go outside, music, and reading books. Trey is very curious and loves to see how everything works. He keeps me on my toes all day, and no matter what he gets into, his little smile just melts your heart. He has recently started talking, loves to blow kisses, and adores his big sister (even though she is pretty bossy to him).
We are so grateful for this past year, and hope you all have a year full of blessings and happiness. You mean so much to our family and we hope you have a wonderful 2009.
Love,
Cody, Ashley, Lexi, & Trey Nielson

5 comments:
happy anniversary and thanks for the card. I am impressed you did it even though your life has been crazy with moving and family!!
You guys have such a cute family...Cody, I hope I get to meet your wife and kids some day. We just moved from Arizona a year and a half ago...we spent four years in med school there...hope you like it. We are freezing up here in North Dakota.
Ashley, just incase you have no idea who is commenting on your blog...I am Karie, Cody's cousin. Our blog is www.sheltonbombers.blogspot.com
Good luck in Arizona.
Ash, REALLY SKINNY! Are you eating or is Trey the only one getting any food in Arizona? :) I love love love you so much! Wish I was there!
So cute! I love your holiday card! I love the story of Lexi stacking things on top of her dad while he was asleep. So funny! Hope you guys are doing well!
Cute card and a great letter! I am glad you are liking Phoenix. You can't beat the weather this time of year!
Post a Comment