Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

The kids and I flew to St. George this past week to be with my family, and it was so much fun!! Lexi told me she didn't want to go home, and that she wanted to live in St. George. She loved being with her cousins and they are so fun to watch together. They are all the same age and it is just hilarious to watch them together. They are little pals and it doesn't seem to matter how long we go in between visits, they still pick up right where they left off. It is always so much fun for me to be with my family, and we always have a try to fit in as much as we can when I come to visit.I just want to thank my parents for their generosity, my sister, and sister in law for all they did while we were visiting. They are always the best hosts, and I love spending time with them. They are such wonderful people, with such big hearts. When my parents went home earlier in the week Lexi told me "grandma and grandpa need to come back." I LOVE being with family and I also love the relationships my kids are forming!! Trey has started to say a lot of words just the last week. Every time we would pick up the camera he would say "cheese." He is also saying keys, uh oh, buh bye, please, basketball, papa (grandpa). He walked around all week saying dada too!! I guess he missed Cody like me.

We did a lot of fun things during our trip. The first night I got here we did the midnight madness shopping!! I definitely don't think the money I saved was worth it, but I still got some cute jeans for myself and pj's for the kids out of it. We had a very yummy Thanksgiving dinner, went to the Nativity performance at Tuacon, celebrated my sisters birthday, went to see the temple lights, took the kids to jumping jacks, and made a few crafts. After we went to the Nativity production and to the temple, Lexi asked if we could go back everyday. She really loved the angels and when my dad got in the car, she said "grandpa I'm not supposed to talk to strangers, but I know those angels." "Can we go back and see the angels." (She was talking about the angels in the nativity.) I do believe at this age she is still so close to the other side and I was so touched when she said that. My sister had a nativity book and she wanted to read it every night. She is my little sweetheart. It was a great weekend and we will miss seeing my family at Christmas, so I'm glad we were able to make the trip to see them. We look forward to spending time with Cody's family, being in our new house, and watching our kids open their presents Christmas morning!! I love this time of year and what it represents. I love my Savior, I'm grateful for his birth, and I'm grateful that he gave me such a wonderful family I get to be with forever!!

Pictures are to come.

3 comments:

Tai said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving weekend. It sounds like you and Cody got your new house... Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Ash- What a fun memorable weekend. I love the angel story:) I love that children can feel the spirit from day one. I think they can feel it better then we can at times. Thanks for sharing your fum weekend. We will miss you at Christmas:) Brooke

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Ash..We are so glad you guys made the trip. We had such a fun week!! A liitle chaotic at times but nonetheless it was so fun! Your kids are so cute and so much fun to be around. Chan still is wondering how curly is doing!! We are glad you made your flight in time and next time we wont cut it so close! We hope you have agreat christmas! We lvoe you!