Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Blessings

Every year I love to list the things I'm thankful for, because even though a few things stay the same, each year brings different blessings. Life this past year has been full of blessings and many trials in our family. Though we have had trials, the blessings have still continued to come in abundance for our family. We came out here to Arizona on blind faith, and it has turned out to be a big blessing for us. I look back on how far Cody and I have come together and I feel so lucky that we have experienced this journey together. I am very blessed to have a good husband and father, and I'm thankful our paths crossed over six years ago. We have learned so much, and this Thanksgiving I am most grateful for my sweet husband and kids. Here are just a few of the many things I'm grateful for.


Husband-My best friend, great father, spiritual, hard worker, and so good to me.

Trials- Trials have helped me grow, strengthened my testimony, humbled me, taught me to be grateful for every day I have.

My Children-They are my life! I love waking up to them, playing with them, learning from them, and spending every day with them.

Health- Something I don't take for granted anymore.

Gospel- The center of our home, and the thing that brings me so much peace.

Friends- Angels in disguise, my support group, and amazing people

Family- My best friends, my favorite people to hang out with, and people I miss every day.

My home- My sanctuary and a place of peace from the rest of the world.

Food- Nothing is better than a good meal with family or friends.

Technology- So I can keep in touch with my family and friends. (I love watching my nieces, nephews, and friends grow)

Nature- Somewhere I can go to feel the spirit and observe the beautiful world around me.

America- Beautiful country that I feel so blessed to live and experience the freedoms I do.

I hope that this year brings many blessings to your families and thank you for all you've done for our family. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

5 comments:

Basarabas said...

Thank you for sharing all of those wonderful things. We truly are blessed and need to remember all we have and not all we don't have.

Heidi and Michael said...

What a great post Ash!! You're always so good with words. I've also been feeling so very blessed lately with all that I have. I think it tends to come with this time of year. I honestly love Christmas and the wholesome family feel of the holidays. Makes me cry just to think about it!! May we never take things for granted and truly understand how blessed we are right?!

NAT said...

What a great post! Thanks for reminding us of those things that we can take for granted. I like your blog background, by the way.

Tai said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!! I seriously love the Holidays. It is fun to take a day to think of all the many things we have been truly blessed with!! Have a great day!!

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing. It is so nice to ready what others are thankful for, it is a glimpse into what our friends hold dear to their heart.