Monday, September 15, 2008

Birthday Fun

We had a lot of fun last weekend celebrating Trey's 1st birthday and my 28th! On Saturday we took the kids to a really fun outdoor park. It had a mini ferris wheel, carousal, train, and wave runner ride. Trey loved everything and while he was riding on the carousal he would take one hand off and wave to the everyone. Lexi wasn't so sure of the rides and just wanted to ride the train the whole time. That night we got a babysitter and Cody took me to a really good restaurant called Bonefish Grill. When we lived in Indianapolis I always wanted to try it but we never had the chance, so he surprised me and took me there. He was so concerned about making my day special, since Trey and I now share a birthday. He was going to surprise me with the camera I wanted, but when our camera broke a few weeks ago he had to surprise me a little early. I am married to a wonderful husband who is always thinking of me and our kids. I love you hun!

On Sunday we celebrated by watching Trey open his presents, and indulge in his cake. He devoured it, and ate at least three fourths of the cake. We knew he would love it since he loves food, but I didn't imagine he would eat almost the entire cake. It was so fun and Lexi loved watching him. She kept asking when she could have a cupcake. It is really neat sharing a birthday with my little guy. I told Cody as long as we go on a fun date the night before, I don't mind throwing birthday parties for Trey every year on our birthday.













































14 comments:

Randy and Ashley said...

I think that is the best devouring of cake I've ever seen. I love the frosting everywhere! Glad you had a great birthday.

JLB Family said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! Very cute pictures.

Anonymous said...

Ash- I feel so bad that we didn't call you on your b-day. We were in St. Louis and it completely spaced our minds. It sounds like you guys had a good day. That's neat that you get to share that day with one of your prideand joys. Happy B-day to you both:) Brooke

Tai said...

I love the pics of the cake! I hope little Ike will dig in. he may be my last one to do it. Way cute!!

Heidi and Michael said...

How cute! I love how he completely devoured his cake! Looks like you guys had a great birthday. Your kids are so darn cute!

Ashlyn Stephenson said...

Happy birthday to you both! I love all the pictures! Trey's hair is sooo cute & I love his big brown eyes! You look beautiful as well. I am glad you had a wonderful birthday and happy that Cody gets to spoil you. You deserve it! Love you!

Kajsa said...

those pictures are hilarious! he really did devour it huh! too cute!

Sarah Romer said...

so cute! I am getting excited to celebrate a 1st birthday in the next few weeks, and for Miles to make a mess devouring his cake. :)

Jami said...

Hey Ash- hope you had a good birthday so sorry I didn't call I almost forgot Stefani's too. How crazy that Trey is already one wow how time flies. He's such a handsome little guy and you look beautiful in those pictures. Happy Late Birthday to both of you!

Unknown said...

I am so excited to see the video of Trey eating his cake. He is so handsome and I just can't get enough of his beautful big brown eyes! Oh not to mention that you always look like a model in the pics on your blog... Ash I look up to you so much and you are such a good mom! I love you and wish we could have been there with you on your b-day, sounds like you had a lot of fun! One of these days I hope we live close enough that we can get together for all these fun occasions.

NAT said...

Those are some great pictures! I'm glad that you were able to go out and do something fun for your birthday. Trey definitely has your eyes. He's a cutie.

NAT said...

Oh, and I'm still not used to Lexi with short hair! She looks beautiful no matter what length - just like her Mommy, she can pull it off.

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

Happy late Birthday Ashley and Trey. I'm glad you had such a fun filled birthday. I love the pictures you took, (with your new camer?) Miss ya like crazy!

BrentAndreaSorenson said...

now thats how you eat cake