Tonight was one of those nights where you just look at everything you have and feel so humbled. Tonight for family night we had a lesson on being honest. Lexi really looks forward to family night, especially when it's time to sing songs. She always picks out the songs, and one day her and I went through the whole children's song book and sang every song I knew. She loved it!! She LOVES to sing and sings everywhere we go. Most mornings Cody and I will wake up to her singing a song in her bed. It is so cute. I love being able to stay at home with my kids and see everything they do. Since our move to Arizona I've realized how lucky I am to have two little best friends to hang out with everyday. Seeing them laugh, smile, and learn new things is what I live for. It has been hard on Cody since he began working because he feels like he is missing out on so much with the kids. He has been able to be with them so much the last couple of years, that it has been hard for him to be away from them. The transition of moving is always a little bit tough, and finding new friends is probably the hardest part. I think the hardest part for me about moving is the wonderful friends I had to leave in Indianapolis. I miss them a lot, and I know finding friends like them will be hard. They will never be replaced, but I'm thankful for the church and how welcomed we have felt here in Arizona.

Lexi making our family home evening treat. She wanted to make tapioca pudding.

Posing with dad after our lesson.

7 comments:
What a cute family. I can't believe that Trey is already almost a year old. CRAZY!! How do they grow up SO fast??
Your family is so SUPER cute! Fun family night! Oh and the Smith get together looked like LOADS of fun! I wish I could see everyone again. Good times for sure! I cannot even imagine with 9 babies under age 3! WOW!
Heather
You're such a good Mom & I know your kids will benefit from you being at home with them. Props to Cody for being such a hard working Daddy, too!
I hope everything went okay with Trey today. Keep us posted!
Hey ASh, I just got your message, the quote says...
CHRIST
the center of our home
A guest at every meal
A silent listener to every conversation.
Anyways I will call you tomorrow. you are so good with your kids and that is y they are so exceptionally smart. PS. Shouldn't trey be the one with his shirt off! :)
Just so you know you are missed very much here! Now that Cody is working do you really notice a big difference in not seeing him as much compared to him being in school? Hope all is going well!
Looks like a fun family night! LExi looks hilarious in her boots with no shirt. Cute pics. Brooke
Ash you are such a great mom. you are lucky to get to be home with your kids. i think kids need their moms at home! Lexi is so smart and it is so cute when she sings!! keep up the good work!
Post a Comment