It is so good to be back home and I know Lexi and I were equally as excited to see Cody again. We had so much fun being back home and going to Bear Lake. We stayed in Evanston for two days before we flew out, and Lexi kept asking where all of her friends went. Lexi got spoiled all week at Bear Lake being with her 9 cousins that are all within a year of her. We had many crazy and fun moments with 9 kids under the age of three. The bond our kids share is so amazing to watch. I have no doubt that these kids were meant to come here together, and I know they were friends before they came. We had so much fun and made so many good memories. We were able to see some of our extended family from my dad's side that we hadn't seen in a few years, and also Cody's family. It was fun to catch up with them and see everyone. I think one of the highlights of the trip was going to the Salt Lake Temple with my parents and two kids. My kids have never walked the grounds of the temple, and it was such a neat experience taking them there. It brought back so many wonderful memories of when Cody and I were married. Lexi loved the statue of Christ and kept asking to go back. She loves temples and I'm so thankful for the spirit I feel every time I walk the temple grounds. I can't believe it's been almost 6 years since Cody and I were married, it seems like only yesterday I was there marrying my best friend and eternal companion. I'm thankful for the two kids we now have, and Lexi told me while we were standing by the temple, "I get married in temple when I'm big mommy." It's those memories and moments that I'm most grateful for in my life.
Pictures to come
1 comment:
Oh man... good ol' USDB memories!! I definitely remember the times of gagging and dry heaving. Especially when a certain someone farted in our faces! Ha ha... We laughed SO hard SO many times, I can't even count all the moments. I remember when I first started getting to know you and you and Cody were engaged. You had such a cute picture of the two of you that you showed me and you were so excited! I remember the two of you at our USDB Halloween party. You dressed up in scrubs and I took a picture of you. I could tell how happy you guys were! Cody is a great guy. You are awesome too Ash.. seriously. You two make an amazing couple. Thanks for all the wonderful memories! Oh yeah... Lagoon was SO fun! It was so nice to meet up with you!!
Post a Comment