Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our Journey to Arizona

Our journey to Arizona started off with a sad goodbye to some of my very good friends. They are truly the greatest and made sure we were well stocked with goodies for our long trip. I say this a lot, but I have the greatest friends that take such good care of us. I owe you guys big time and I just want to give a big thank you for the great presents. We packed up every car to the max, because our moving truck was too little. We even had to leave a few things, but I couldn't believe how much stuff we fit in our little space. We tried to drive as long as we could along the way and Lexi's DVD player was heaven sent. I think she watched every one of her baby Einsteins a few times, but whatever kept her happy we were willing to give her. Lexi's favorite thing a long the way was taking a nice hot bath wherever we stopped. We got to Arizona and since things didn't work out with our apartment Cody and I moved everything into our new place ourselves. It was NOT fun!! It was quite the experience but we made it and we are finally settled. Our new place has a pool, playground, and a really nice workout facility. Everything we need, including a Wal-Mart and a mall within a half a mile. So far we love it and the weather has been wonderful. I miss my friends back in Indy though, but I hope this will be a good new start for us.
Saying goodbye to some of my very best friends!! Thanks for the memories Manchestor
Posing in front of our Penske 4 years later

We didn't have two pack and plays, so Trey slept in the drawer at the hotels we stayed at. I know it seems mean but he slept so good.

Our new home for the next few months until we find a house

Getting settled, but the boxes are never ending

Trey's new favorite pose. He loves to do it in his car seat too.

Enjoying some time at the park

I just can't get enough of my little guy.

Lexi riding her bike with her new friend Jayde.Enjoying one last meal with grandma Jaylene before she goes home. Thanks for all the help! You have been a life saver.

15 comments:

Stefani said...

You have been up late!I love the pics. We miss you tons. Tray is so dang cute. I love it. Your apartment looks so nice. NO MORE MANCHESTER! Do you love it?

NAT said...

Yea, an update! Your apartment looks way nice! Maybe house hunting can wait? I can't believe how big Trey is! What a cutie pie. I'm glad that you guys are getting settled and that you made it safely.

Jenny said...

I am so excited to see you updated your blog. Do you have a new number??

The Atwood's said...

I didn't realize you guys were moving and he graduated too! I've been out of the blogging world for 2 months so I've missed alot. Where in AZ do you live? I really like your apartment. Congrats on being Mrs. Dr.!!

Anonymous said...

Ash- Your place looks nice:) We are glad you made it and are in one piece. The picture of Trey reminded me so much of Ty. He use to always sleep in that position and ride in his car-seat that way too. You alway's new when he was getting tire because he would do that. He is getting so big and sooooo cute :) Brooke

Sarah Romer said...

I'm glad you are settled, but you should have called me! I have a big strong husband who I LOVE volunteering to help people move. :) give me a call sometime, and maybe we can take the kids to a park or something. Oh...and I am now an official member of the Phoenix Zoo, and can get one guest in for free. So, if you ever want to go......

Elaine said...

I love the picture of Trey in the tub--way too cute. Don't feel bad about the drawer... Aaron's little sister slept in a drawer for a while because they didn't have a crib for her. I don't know all the details, but they joke about it a lot. You do what you can, and hey, he's safe and comfortable, so no worries. Keep us posted!

Rebecca said...

it is so good to see an update. we miss you and are so glad things are going well. we are excited to hear how house hunting and all goes. keep us updated and let us know when we can come visit.

Adri said...

Glad to hear things went well. Your new place looks nice!

Jami said...

Glad to see new pictures! Looking at those makes me miss you even more. Your apartment looks great how fun for you guys! I love the picture with Tray in the drawer-too funny!

Naomi said...

Dear Sister Neilson-
I really love you and you really love me too. You took very good care of me in class.
Love,
Abigail

(she recited this to me :) we are glad your trip went well and that you are getting settled! It's so exciting isn't it?!

Unknown said...

Ash I am so glad that you will be in driving distance and it was so much fun having you stay with us this week. We love you and we wil have to plan a trip down to visit you at your new apartment (it looks really nice).

Melani said...

Ugghh! I LOVE your new kitchen. I love the wood! Your alot closer to me now, but still far away. One day we need to make a trip out to see you. That' hilarious that Trey slept in a drawer! Too funny!

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

It was fun catching up on your last few weeks. Your new place is definately an improvment from Manchester! We miss you like crazy. Harley asks for Lexi more often than not! Loved the pictrues!

Tai said...

Ashley your place looks really nice!! I am glad Lexi already made a new friend!! How was church on Sunday? Do you like the new ward? I am jealous of the warm weather!! Hope to see you soon!!