Saturday, March 8, 2008

PICTURE TIME

Today I took my little kiddos to JCPenney for their 6 month and 2 year old pictures. Cody and I were really surprised when we came out of there without one tear, or meltdown. It was absolutely wonderful, and we got some really cute pictures as well!! Lexi, actually posed and did what the photographer asked her. The photographer wanted Lexi to hold Trey, but she is never very interested in holding him. She likes to say "hi buddy," to him, but that is about all. I keep telling her that one day he will be able to do things that her other friends can do, so she better be a good big sister to him. Kuddos to my good husband who tags along with us on our picture outings. I think this is his least favorite thing to do, but there is no way I could do it on my own, and most of the time he doesn't complain too much.

My other exciting news for the day is the graduation present my husband gave me(a little early). He told me I needed a graduation present for hanging in there the last four years, so he got me a camera!!! I have been wanting a better camera for a LONG time, and I'm SO excited to get it and use it. If I can actually figure out how to use it, I won't have to make frequent trips to good old JCPenney anymore. I think this was his way of getting out of anymore picture outings with the kids and I. I have a few friends that are great photographers and maybe after a few classes, and tips, I might be able to figure things out. I love taking pictures and I have a few friends who are so incredibly talented at taking pictures. Hopefully I can learn how to take pictures half as good as them.
So, thanks again to my sweet husband for the great gift!! I love you.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We want to see the pictures! Let us know when you get them:) Brooke

NAT said...

I bet the pictures are really cute. You're so good about getting them done. I need to get my butt in gear and get some taken of Emma and our family.

That was nice of Cody to get you a camera. I'm excited for you two and also proud of you for getting through Dental School.

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

So you got a camera, eh? I may have to let you practice on my little rugrats! :) Can't wait to see your pictures!

Erekson's said...

I'm excited to see your pictures and your new camera, I'm glad that Cody got you a grad gift because we totally earn it eh!

Ashlyn Stephenson said...

So exciting! I bet the picture are soo cute! Lexi and Trey are adorable! As a mother,there is nothing better than pictures of your kids! Priceless!

Darcey and Jeff said...

I love Oregon, but I don't know if I would want to live in Salem. It is a "big" city. I went to school just out side of Salem and I loved it there, because it was a small town, but close enough to Salem that we could get out.

Erica said...

A good camera is a priceless gift for all of the memories that will you will capture over the years. Make sure you learn to use it soon, so you don't miss much.

The LaMont Family said...

Hi Ashley! I was so excited to hear from you and see your blog. Way cute family!! Congrats on graduating...those times were probably the hardest so far for me...being mom and getting through school...but definately worth it!

Kajsa said...

nice job cody! what kind of camera is it??

Sarah Romer said...

yay for the new camera! but you have to tell me what kind you got. And check out Allie Hoopes blog. She is amazing and gives LOTS of tips

Jami said...

I'm so glad the pics worked out for you. I can't wait to see them and yes I'm very jealous that you got a camera but how fun. We'll have to mess around with it when you get it. I'm very excited for tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Hey Ash! Your blog is co cute! I need to play arund with mine and figure out how to make it more appealing but as for right now I am just happy I started one. I want to see the pics when you get them.