Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My 1 year old best friend.

Tonight was one of those nights when you sit back and think how you ever got so lucky to be blessed with all you have. Tonight I walked into my little girls room and as she lay in her bed she said "missed you momma." My heart just melted and I took her out of her crib and as we were rocking and singing she started to tell me all the things she had seen and done that day. Even though she is only just about 2 years old she can carry on quite a conversation with me. Many of you know just by talking to her that she loves to talk, and always wants to know what EVERYTHING is!! Cody and I were talking and we just hope that our children continue to always love us the way they do right now. Sometimes I just look at Lexi and Trey and feel such a huge amount of responsibility for such special little spirits. I truly feel like having kids and spending those special moments with them is the closest thing to heaven.

7 comments:

NAT said...

What a sweet moment. I can't wait for the days when Emma can have a conversation with me. You have a beautiful family and we really are blessed to be entrusted to such special spirits.

Kajsa said...

that is so sweet. i feel the same way about little kids and babies, they are so special. lexi is a doll, it is so fun to have conversations with them isnt it!

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

Ashley you are amazing and I'm lucky to have a friend like you. I hope that I am half the mom that you are. Lexi & Tray are sweet kids and they have you and Cody to thank for that!

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

Ashley you are amazing and I'm lucky to have a friend like you. I hope that I am half the mom that you are. Lexi & Tray are sweet kids and they have you and Cody to thank for that!

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

Ashley you are amazing and I'm lucky to have a friend like you. I hope that I am half the mom that you are!

Jenny said...

Those moments are priceless! I feel the same way about Sammy and our new little one on the way! Thanks for sharing.

Jami said...

Lexi is such a sweetheart. Your kids are adorable. I can't wait until Ellie gets old enough to start saying words.