Tuesday, December 11, 2007

We made it!!


We made it back home to Utah and Wyoming on Sunday and I can't tell you how great it is to be home. The trip went great and the kids were really good on the plane. Our two little munchkins have been sick the last couple of weeks so I was a little worried how the trip was going to go. As long as we kept telling Lexi she was going to see grandma and grandpa she was happy as can be. Lexi and Trey have both enjoyed seeing grandma and grandpa Smith, and Trey is already wrapped around grandpa Smith's finger. Trey has really taken to my dad and he actually laughed for the very first time tonight for my mom!! I guess grandparents really do have the touch and kids definitely know who loves them. Now that we are home I really do want to move close to family, and I think Cody now realizes how important it is to me. I guess we will see what works out, but if I could live by my family I would be the happiest girl in the world. I guess I am a little biased, but I have one of the best families in the world. I really do miss seeing family and they truly are some of my best friends in the world. I hope they know how much they mean to me even though we are all so far apart.

My two sisters both announced good news this week...they are pregnant!! It is crazy because in 2006 every one of my siblings had a baby, and now every one of us will have had a baby in the next year except for my older brother. It is so much fun and all of the kids will be the same ages. Our family is growing and how fun it is to see the new spirits entering our homes. I love this time of year and how blessed I feel for all I have. I can't wait to go and see the lights at temple square because that seems to top of the Christmas season.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad your back home for awhile. It would be great to see your kiddos as well. And I agree, you do have a great family!

Jenny said...

Ash, I am glad you made it safely to Utah and are having fun spending time with your family. I can't wait to see you.

Give me a call when you have the chance to get together!

NAT said...

Can't wait to see you and the kiddies on Saturday!